Ask the Experts – ePMP March 25

Hi Plstzhirsch, 

Yes, you can simply reverse pins 4 & 5 but you won't get the 48 V out of it like a true 802.3af PoE. 

Thanks,

Sriram

wvvamike, 

That is odd and should not happen. It sounds like a bug so we will attempt to reproduce it. Can you tell us what software version you are using and will you be able to send us your config file downloaded through Tools->Backup/Restore?

Thanks,

Sriram

It has happened on every software version, currently on 2.3 and 2.4

The file is attached

1 Like

Thanks. We will take a look. 

Any plans for an Epmp 3.65ghz version?

What is the roadmap for faster radios? (AC or similar)

There are no plans for a 3.65 ePMP but we are looking at higher tput platforms but carefully evaluating solutions. As you may know, 802.11AC in its current form is not the most practical solution given the C/I requirements for 256QAM operation and the need to find clean 80MHz channels.

Thanks

Sakid

Will the upcoming 2.4ghz Force variant be a connecterize radio and antenna similar to the 5ghz Force 110 or will it be a more integrated unit?

Any idea when eDetect will available from the CLI?

I saw it listed as a command in the original .pdf describing how to use the CLI.  However, it was not there.  I had mentioned this in an email and noticed that the next release of the .pdf no longer had the command included.

Is this a feature that has just been removed, or any plans on implementing it in a future release?

Even adding this functionality through SNMP would be nice....

Hi Justin,

eDetect is available via SNMP. Originally when the feature was developed it was called IDM instead of eDetect. So all the SNMP variables has IDM in their names:

In 2.4.1 there will "show edetect" command to show eDetect results. So you can run eDetect via "snmp set" commands in CLI and then see the results via "show edetect".

Thanks for your question!

Regards,

Dmitry

Any plans for an upgrade to CNS? We are looking for features such as scheduling
firmware upgrades to particular dates and times

@Sakid Ahmed wrote:

There are no plans for a 3.65 ePMP but we are looking at higher tput platforms but carefully evaluating solutions. As you may know, 802.11AC in its current form is not the most practical solution given the C/I requirements for 256QAM operation and the need to find clean 80MHz channels.

Thanks

Sakid

Good morning,   could you expand on the 802.11AC comment.  

Also, I think I heard 900mhz was being added to the pmp450, any plans on an epmp 900mhz variant?

@Sakid Ahmed wrote:

The aux port today supports 30V and our proprietary pin out. However, we have a prototype accessory that can change this to 802.3af. Please note that the standard power brick is 15W and the SM consumes a maximum of 7 watts therefore you have about 8 watts for your Samsung camera. If you want more wattage for the camera then you can use a power brick that we have offering 20Watts. 

As for the prototype  unit, I will be glad to provide you a few sample units if you email me off line.

Thanks

Sakid

Any plans for a connectorized unit with gigabit on the main and aux poe port?

I went to a cambium road show and they talked about releasing a c3voip variant with wifi.  Is still in the works?

Can you share any of the reasons why you guys used an Atheros soc, instead a  Broadcom, or Quantenna chipset in the development of ePMP?

The C3VoIP-200 product will be released very soon. Date will be anounced in next few days.

Regards

Allen

1 Like

Recently in firmware 2.4, low-latency PtP mode was introduced, first off, why were the 5 and 10MHz channel width options were removed, and are there plans to add them back? Secondly, will it ever be possible to regain GPS-sync/back-to -back frequency reuse with the low-latency PtP mode?

On the ePMP 2.4 products you guys use a dual-slan i.e. +-45deg offset sector antenna... do the integrated radios use this as well. In addition, what was the reason for using this, and why wasn't it also used for the 5GHz products?

Assuming Cambium is working on an 802.11ac based radio, I would urge you to ensure at least some level of backwards compatibility with your previous 802.11n based generation. I know from reading Ubiquiti's forums that many of there users are quite upset that backwards compatibility isn't in place yet and there's no date that Ubiquiti has relased when they might have something available. I also think it's critically important that you guys make sure you get UNII-1/2/3/DFS working out of the gate before release, again, to help maintain backwards compatibility.

Can you tell us what an optimum RX signal level for the ePMP line products is?

The link planner shows a default sm receive level of -37, but in other lines of products, -50 is considered a maximum level before overloading occurs.

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

On the ePMP 2.4 products you guys use a dual-slan i.e. +-45deg offset sector antenna... do the integrated radios use this as well. In addition, what was the reason for using this, and why wasn't it also used for the 5GHz products?

The integrated units do not. 

Check out this thread Here