Beamforming antenna and firmware

When using 3.4.1 or 3.5 on the masters the customer units are only connecting to the sector, not the antenna. After a reboot and customer units will connect and use the antenna but only for a limited time before all are back on the sector.

Reverting back to 3.2.2 fixes the problem. I looked through the firmware notes but didn't see any mention of this.

Somehow I missed this other post but it seems to be the same/similar issue.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/EPMP-smart-antenna-seems-to-quit-working/m-p/76967#M11437

Some updates after suggestions on what to look at on another post. This is while using firmware 3.5

Homepage - Smart antenna is connected, power on

Monitor > performance - Smart antenna disconnects - 0

Monitor> wireless - Device initalization status : sucessful

Option to select auto/forced sector/ forced smore antenna are no longer there under speed test.

39 clients all still connected to sector, If i reboot most will switch to antenna for a random period of time and then go back to sector indefinitely.

1 Like

@wavenetwireless wrote:

When using 3.4.1 or 3.5 on the masters the customer units are only connecting to the sector, not the antenna. After a reboot and customer units will connect and use the antenna but only for a limited time before all are back on the sector.

Reverting back to 3.2.2 fixes the problem. I looked through the firmware notes but didn't see any mention of this.

Somehow I missed this other post but it seems to be the same/similar issue.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/EPMP-smart-antenna-seems-to-quit-working/m-p/76967#M11437

Some updates after suggestions on what to look at on another post. This is while using firmware 3.5

Homepage - Smart antenna is connected, power on

Monitor > performance - Smart antenna disconnects - 0

Monitor> wireless - Device initalization status : sucessful

Option to select auto/forced sector/ forced smore antenna are no longer there under speed test.

39 clients all still connected to sector, If i reboot most will switch to antenna for a random period of time and then go back to sector indefinitely.

Hi,

Could you please contact me at fedor.trutsko(at)cambiumnetworks(dot)com?

And we will try to arrange remote session to troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you.

I know this is an older post but the issue is still happening on all of my epmp 2000 units with the beamforming antenna. I sent you an email last week to see if we can arrange a remote session to troubleshoot, currently all the access points are on 3.5.1

We are having this same issue as well.  Any update from Cambium on this?

I just got around to submiting a ticket with cambium today, will post once I have more information

Our developers are working on this problem. A few answers can help them. Are you using DFS frequencies or fixed?

Fixed.

75/25 , 2.5 ms, 20Mhz channel width. There is a ticket up for this problem, currently i'm letting the ap's report to a syslog, and will send the information in after they revert the CPE's back to sector only.