ePMP Force 300-19 vs 300-19R - Pictures or Description?

I've seen very limited inforamtion about the Force 300-19 and Force 300-19R.

Can anyone share a description of the differences and pictures of the mounting and wiring connections?

Hi uberdome,

Please take a look at the following diagrams:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-3000-2000-and-1000/ePMP-Mounting-Diagrams/td-p/106018

Thanks,
Dmitry

1 Like

Dmitry, 

I have looked at that post previously. It does not show any details about the 300-19R. How is it different or better than the 300-19?

Hi,

They are very similar. The 19R has better sealing and a different gland that gives it higher IP rating. 

Also 19R has a different chipset that supports 5/10MHz channels.

thanks,

Dmitry

@Dmitry Moiseev wrote:

...They are very similar. The 19R has better sealing and a different gland that gives it higher IP rating. 

Also 19R has a different chipset that supports 5/10MHz channels....

I suppose the different chipset is the driver for the price difference. What is the purpose of supporting 5/10 MHz channels if all of the updated ePMP APs only go down to 20 MHz?

I just ordered a 300-19 to see what it is like in person. 

Hi,

Although ePMP3000 supports 10MHz since 4.5 the main driver for this model was PTP applications in certain markets outside of US.

Thanks,

Dmitry

@Dmitry Moiseev wrote:

Although ePMP3000 supports 10MHz since 4.5 the main driver for this model was PTP applications in certain markets outside of US.

I understand. Does it have any unique PTP features, or is it the standard ePTP and PTP TDD modes? 

Do all ePMP Force 300 units now support 10 MHz, or just the AP?

Just the ePMP3000 and Force300-19R support 10MHz.

Force300-19R also supports 5MHz for PTP application.

Dmitry

So as an SM in 20/40/80MHz there is no reason to use 300-19R?

@Ryan Ray wrote:

Correct... unless you need the IP67 rating of the 300-19R for use in a harsh environment.

1 Like

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

@Ryan Ray wrote:

Correct... unless you need the IP67 rating of the 300-19R for use in a harsh environment.

I'm interested to know the way in which the 300-19R is much better sealed (Or, I suppose, why the 300-19 would not do well in challenging environments). I'm getting a 300-19 on Monday, so I'll be able to see the quality at that time. I wanted to get a 300-19R to be able to compare, but that is a pretty big price tag just to see what is different in person. 

I have some PMP100 gear in an island environment that has been up for ~14 years. We have had some failures over that time, but even those worked surprizingly well in a coastal / salt environment. 

Cambium sometimes goes through the hoops to certify certain key products with higher IP, HAZLOC, or ATEX ratings in order to have them qualify for special industrial, military, government requirements. I've never had to buy a higher rated product for my WISP.  

2 Likes

@Dmitry Moiseev wrote:

...They are very similar..

Dmitry,

I just received a 300-19 for testing. I went to check the PoE voltage range (hoping for up to 48V) and noticed the 300-19 is no longer on the ePMP website here: https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/products/epmp/ .

Is it expected to be discontinued?

Thank you, Chris

Hi,

No, it is just a website issue. I've asked to check and put it back.

Thanks,

Dmitry

1 Like