ePMP Release 3.5.2 is now available

Under configuration network, management access…

I don’t think epmp had a timeout setting on it

@Doug Heberlee wrote:
I don't think epmp had a timeout setting on it

OK, thanks. I don't think it ever had a setting no, but it also didn't used to automatically log one out either.  They added that "feature" a couple Firmwares ago, and I'm not a fan. 

@Doug Heberlee wrote:
Under configuration network, management access...

Ah, good, OK.   :)  I knew it was there.  I had to clear my cache and I see it on the AP side now.  I think I may have been looking at the slave side at one point, and it's not in the SM/Slave GUI, and I think that's where my brain-fart started.  Thanks. :)

OK, this behavior is a little wonky in 3.5.2 - maybe not a bug, but a bit wonky an non-intuitive.

So, I setup a ePMP2000 AP, and set the network settings to Static using the Quick Start setup.  After I got the units linked up, I went to set some of the other settings, including NTP settings in CONFIGURE -> SYSTEM.  The GUI is greyed out and I can't switch it to Static.

I understand that NTP it can't use DHCP if the Network isn't using DHCP, but it feels like I should be able to switch that to Static.  However, I had to switch the network back to DHCP, then go back into SYSTEM and switch the NTP to Static, and then go back into Network and switch that back to Static.  In my mind, I should have been able to simply from a Greyed out NTP/DHCP to an active NTP/STATIC.

Thanks.

Management access option is in the slave also.

Hmmm... this is what my 3.5.2 CONFIGURATION - NETWORK says when configured as a SLAVE, and I don't see that setting.  However, the SLAVE seems to have it on automatically - I can access it's GUI from the Ethernet side (of course) and I can access the SLAVE's GUI from behind the MASTER/AP - which is fine.  The problem I was having was being unable to access the MASTER/AP's GUI from behind the SLAVE/SM, but your guidance helped me find that setting.  :) 

Didn't see this specifically mentioned in the release (so I'm prepared to be disappointed) but do we have DFS (FCC) support in the Force 190?

I am pretty sure this was listed on there

I scrolled too fast:

FCC DFS Support for Force 190

Force 190 devices are now supported in FCC regions.

OK, what am I missing? I upgraded a Force 190 to 3.5.2 and I still don't have access to DFS. I've tried three different browsers so I'm not looking at a cache issue.

1 Like

Hi Chad, Hi all,

Unfrotunately FCC DFS has been disabled in 3.5.2 Release because FCC certification testing has been delayed.

It was last minute change and we missed to remove it from 3.5.2 Release Notes.

We will post new 3.5.2 based FW with enabled FCC DFS for Force 190 as soon as certification testing is passed.

Sorry for all inconveniences it is causing for you.

Thnak you.

There seems to be some stuff missing from SNMP in 3.5.2... specifically, the pppoe username (it was on iso.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.3.4.3.10.0 with 3.5.1 and older).

There could be other stuff too, but I that's all I've noticed so far.

I upgraded one of our 190's from 3.3 to 3.5.2 to test the DFS and now I am unable to log in.

I have cleared the cache but it won't work in Chrome at all, I got it working in IE. Anyone else having this issue with a 190?

they mentioned that dfs support didn't make it to this release on force 190.  I had issues with chrome after upgrading a few things, but clearing cache fixed it for me.

We're running cnMaestro on-premise 1.6.3-r15. Every new ePMP SM is getting 3.5.2. And they're all reporting 'insufficient credentials' and do not show up on the onboarding queue. They can be claimed manually using the SM ethernet ESN. But obviously there's a problem with ePMP 3.5.2 and cnMaestro 1.6.3-r15.

Cnmaestro

I have recently upgraded AP's and subscribers to firmware ver. 3.5.2 [10/July/2018: U-Boot 9342_PX 1.1.4.h (Jul 10 2018 - 20:44:49)] on all my ePMP, and I notice that all the subcribers ePMP with firmware ver. 3.5.2 disconnects after a few working minutes, I have noticed it in subscriber radios with "QOS MIR profile configured" (2Mbps or 4Mbps MIR download configured).

Even the AP indicates that the subscriber is connected, a ping to the subscriber does not respond, and the user at the subscriber side does not get to internet. by the other side, I can not access the subscriber (with the browser) to verify the ePMP.

I downgraded subscribers to the last working I had in them, firmware (ver. 3.0.1) with AP  firmware ver. 3.5.2.... and seems to be working up to now (after 40 minutes).

Any other one with this problem?

I didn't have this problem and I don't use the built in qos.  But if I remember correctly, you aren't supposed to jump from that old of firmware.

Hey gorsacv... I think you may be experencing the issue outlined HERE. This issue was supposed to be resolved in 3.5.2... but it unfortunatly was not. By rolling back the AP to 3.4.1 (or earlier) on the AP you can resolve this issue. The clients can be any version (3.5.2 is fine to put on clients). This is an AP issue. Please open a support ticket with Cambium regarding this to keep pressure on them to resolve this issue. Thank you.