Ethernet access disable when SM is connected via ICC

Hi,

since we upgrade our SM's from 13.2.1 to 14.1.1, when the Subscriber Modules connect to an AP via ICC it became unreachable via ethernet.

Scenario:
- SM with default config (IP 169.254.1.1)
- Connect (via ICC)
- SM doesn't reply via ethernet

If it connect with a valid color code this doesn't happen.

With 13.2.1 it worked (connect via ICC and reachable via ethernet at 169.254.1.1).

Thank you

See this post by Chitrang.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-450/Installation-color-code/m-p/53070#M2411

2 Likes

Beat me to it.  After reading in that thread that this is the new 'norm' with ICC enabled, I went through and disabled ICC in all our default configs, and instructed our installers to no longer use the feature.  Shame, really, in the past it was kind of handy.

j

I don't think it's all that bad, because I want to get to a point where we can have config files loaded on a TFTP server. Which will be the only option going forward for PMP100 since it won't be supported in cnMaestro. And FSK just won't die for us yet. It's insane that we still have 12+ year old radios still out there working.

But just what if none of this DHCP stuff had to happen? Why can't the AP proxy the zero-touch stuff over of the RF private network? How bout that Cambium? Isn't that how radius works now anyway?

Yes we are exploring that option where SM will have a configuration file download URL out-of-the box , customers can map that URL to appropriate tftp/ftp server .So when an SM over ICC comes up , if first check this URL and if that is reachable, it wont do DHCP stuff.

We are looking into this , but meanwhile you guys can set default IP of SM to 169.254.1.2 (anything except .1 and it wont do DHCP) and leave color code untocuhed i.e. ICC SM.

1 Like

@Chitrang wrote:

We are looking into this , but meanwhile you guys can set default IP of SM to 169.254.1.2 (anything except .1 and it wont do DHCP) and leave color code untocuhed i.e. ICC SM.

Thanks, this a useful workaround.