Failed Update on PMP450 AP's

Im trying to update 2 * 450AP's from 13.1.3 to 13.2 using CNUT - it has worked before in teh past, however when i try i keep getting "Failed to upload file 5x_20_cf200.img,java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error " after a short period of "Uploading file". I have refreshed my Java version to teh latest and greatest and even removed and reinstalled CNUT (Version 4.7.4 - latest from Cambuim web site) Can anyone help as to a resolution???

Stuart,

One thing to quickly try is to reboot the AP and try again.  If several upgrades are tried, but are not successful, the AP can “think” there is no room for an update image when there really is.  Rebooting the AP, clears this memory.

There is also an HTTPS issue with CNUT 4.7.  You might want to try to remove the device and re-add it to CNUT and ensure that HTTPS is not getting selected in the device setup section.

If all of this fails, we will need remote access to your units and the PKG3 file that you are using.

Best,

Cambium Jonathan

I have the same problem when trying to upgrade a new 450AP lite from 13.2.1.3

Failed to upload file 5x_20_cf200.img,java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

CNUT 4.10.4

Have tried to upgrade to different version including 14.2.1 and 15.0.1

Any suggestions are welcome :-)

There is a known issue with CNUT 4.10.4... see this thread.

The workaround (as noted) is to use 4.9.18 for now.

1 Like

It worked!