First impressions of the c3voip-200

We picked up 2 of these late last week and setup for two customers to use. So far, wonderful!

The ata portion registered without a hitch and is running great, call quality is crystal clear, t.38 fax works well. Not a ton of knobs to adjust be all the essentials.

Poe wan port of course is wonderful.
The lan portion of the device has plenty of features, vlans individual settings for each port, speed vlans ect. Multiple ssids and vlans.

We haven’t used most of the advanced features given these are in customers homes but these guys have plenty of features especially considered the price tag.

The wireless end of the device is great. The coverage is above par for most hope routers we’ve tried, management interface is clean and easy to use.

The only thing I’d like to see is an in-depth users guide. I didn’t have any issues setting up the device. But lesser experienced field guys may have a hard time without support or product information.

We currently have been using a mix of Linksys and grandstream atas, provided nothing odd shows up with our VoIP provider we will be switching to these units for home, Soho and small business customers!

Great job Cambium!

7 Likes

Chris, glad you like it. Finishing touches are being put on the user guide and it will be posted within a couple of days.

--Rajesh

I've been experimenting with my C3VoIP-200 for a bit now, and am still fighting with the VoIP service. I can get it to register with one of my providers, but not the other. I'm really excited about the product, but I've got some more work to do before I can actually use it.

Some thoughts I've had:

• The power supply is an awkward shape. It does not allow anything to be plugged in next to it or in front of it. I'd like to see future versions with a more power-strip-friendly shape (I only saw the 2A supply, I'm not sure what the 200P 3A power supply is like).
  • I'd like the provided Ethernet cable to be coiled, not folded / kinked
  • I don't think it is necessary to provide 2 phone cords
  • I'd prefer an updated visual effect / skin so it has less of a DD-WRT feel.

The features appear to be fantastic. I'm looking forward to Cambium's remote monitoring and provisioning implementation!

-Chris

1 Like

Chris,

Can you share the name and contact information of the Service Provider you have been unable to connect with; as well as a description of the challenges.  I would like our team to engage and assist with resolution.

Scott

@ScottImhoff wrote:

I would like our team to engage and assist with resolution.

I was able to resolve the issue through trial and error. The field names in the C3VoIP settings were not familiar. I'll post later with some screenshots.

1 Like

The user guide is now available at http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/products/c3voip200 . Look in the "RESOURCES" section on the right.

@uberdome wrote:

I was able to resolve the issue through trial and error. The field names in the C3VoIP settings were not familiar. I'll post later with some screenshots.

Here are screenshots of 2 basic FXS configurations:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/WISP-Business/C3VoIP-200-Setup-Example/m-p/42840/highlight/true#M169

Where can I find the proviioning guide for remote management?

Thanks,

Dennis

The user guide is located at: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/r200/archive

Is this what you are looking for?