Force 300 design/assembly

The force 200 for me at least was a great design. Easy to assemble, only needed two tools and a few minutes. The standoff bracket was rugged and has held up great, the handle was great for attaching a rope to lift. The nuts were 13mm, the same size at the sectors so we only needed one tool if going up the tower. You could easily remove the feedhorn and replaced if needed. Overall a huge improvement over the force 110.

Just unboxed the force 300 and I think its a huge step back from where the force 200 was. Why do we need this oversized U-bolt with 15mm nuts? It's oversized enough that even with the nuts tightened all the way to the end of the threads it will not tighten on a standard satellite arm. It doesn't look like you can remove the feedhorn from the mounting bracket without possibly damaging it. So good luck removing it from the bracket if you put it on before having the bracket attached to the dish, forget it if you're on the tower trying to remove the feed horn for replacement. Also the packaging - each dish comes boxed individually - 2 force 300 boxes would be the same size as a box of 4 force 200s. Overall I'm disappointed in the force 300 design.

2 Likes

@wavenetwireless wrote:

The force 200 for me at least was a great design. Easy to assemble, only needed two tools and a few minutes. The standoff bracket was rugged and has held up great, the handle was great for attaching a rope to lift. The nuts were 13mm, the same size at the sectors so we only needed one tool if going up the tower. You could easily remove the feedhorn and replaced if needed. Overall a huge improvement over the force 110.

Just unboxed the force 300 and I think its a huge step back from where the force 200 was. Why do we need this oversized U-bolt with 15mm nuts? It's oversized enough that even with the nuts tightened all the way to the end of the threads it will not tighten on a standard satellite arm. It doesn't look like you can remove the feedhorn from the mounting bracket without possibly damaging it. So good luck removing it from the bracket if you put it on before having the bracket attached to the dish, forget it if you're on the tower trying to remove the feed horn for replacement. Also the packaging - each dish comes boxed individually - 2 force 300 boxes would be the same size as a box of 4 force 200s. Overall I'm disappointed in the force 300 design.

Thank you for your feedback. We will look at the first set of points closely. In terms of the packaging we will be rolling in updated packaging in the near future to incorporate multiple dishes. 

My initial reaction when assembling the Radio was very similar. As a company we started as a Ubiquiti shop, then went 50/50 UBNT/CAM and now we are about 90/10 in favor of CAM. We've installed a lot of different radios from the erector set that was the Force 110 to the Force 200 which was a dream.

I normally deal with the network and programming so it really doesn't matter what I think about the mounts since I'm not the one doing the installs. I put the F300 in front of two of my installers, and let's just say if I repeated what they told me here, I'd probably get banned from the forums.

I documented my initial experiences with the radio in the below thread and there are a few others providing feedback on the mounting as well.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/ePMP-F300-suggestions/m-p/88820#M13842

1 Like