Need help- Cisco Trunk over ePMP1000?

Greetings,

I am looking for assistance with bridging a trunk link between two Cisco 3560 48p SW's. I am unable to get the ePMP bridge to pass any traffic. Trunk has (3) VLANs, 2,16,172. Has anyone done this with success? 

Thanks for the assistance-

Matt, NC

In ptp mode, they are transparrent bridge, Do you want to pass only those vlans?

you can filter them at the cisco ports...

@TF10COML wrote:

Greetings,

I am looking for assistance with bridging a trunk link between two Cisco 3560 48p SW's. I am unable to get the ePMP bridge to pass any traffic. Trunk has (3) VLANs, 2,16,172. Has anyone done this with success? 

Thanks for the assistance-

Matt, NC

Hi,

Without VLANs configuration bridge is transparrent for every tagged or untagged traffic.

If you want to allow only several VLANs please add it to VLAN Membership Table on SM (Configuration -> Network).

Thank you.

I honestly would like it to pass everything...  but the network is  tagging everything data on VLAN 2 and VOIP stuff on VLAN 16. I have the SW trunk set to allow vlans 1-200. Is there a setting for transparent mode on the ePMP? I was reading the manual, but didn't seem as easy as some of the UBNT devices with the transparent check box. I am unable to figure out if it's in the SW configs or the ePMP not allowing it to pass. Can you confirm what I should have set on the ePMPs for transparent? If I can rule out the ePMP configs then I can rule it to the SW configs. If anyone if familiar with those, I can post them as well. 

Matt

@TF10COML wrote:

I honestly would like it to pass everything...  but the network is  tagging everything data on VLAN 2 and VOIP stuff on VLAN 16. I have the SW trunk set to allow vlans 1-200. Is there a setting for transparent mode on the ePMP? I was reading the manual, but didn't seem as easy as some of the UBNT devices with the transparent check box. I am unable to figure out if it's in the SW configs or the ePMP not allowing it to pass. Can you confirm what I should have set on the ePMPs for transparent? If I can rule out the ePMP configs then I can rule it to the SW configs. If anyone if familiar with those, I can post them as well. 

Matt

its even easier than UBNT.  you don't do anything,  they pass by default. 

3 Likes

Hello,

You may find this KB article useful.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Networking/ePMP-VLAN-Traffic-Pass-through-Example-Scenarios/m-p/42043#U42043

Regards

2 Likes

Good afternoon!

Thanks for all the responses. Looks like I am still unable to get the switches to bridge with the default settings. (Only thing modified is the static IP and one is AP, other is STA. Beginning to wonder if the 3560 SW's are casuing the issue? I have inlcuded the SW configs in the attachments. Can someoneone look over them and confirm the settings?

My network:

192.168.20.1 default GW

VLAN2 DATA

VLAN16VOICE

VLAN172 INTERCONNECT

This setup is for a mobile field hospital that bridges the main unit to western shelter tents. I am attempting to place a 24p POE with phones and AP in the tents WITHOUT running wire on the ground.

Matt

Which ports are the radios plugged into?  It appears that some of the trunk ports have a native-vlan of 2, which would prevent packets tagged on VLAN-2 from working across that trunk.

1 Like

Did you solved your problem?

Like mentioned before, you don’t need to do nothing to pass vLan traffic across ePMP Link ( bridge mode ).

Probably a bit to late but just notice this post and have completed pretty much the same job with a heap of 3750's/epmp and force products (not sure about this low end Cambium stuff though! :)

.... As Barrack and mr Cambium said... "Yes you can!" :)

It will be an issue in the Cisco config... Cisco, vlans not working... get outta here!

Do you have cookbook of Wireless VLAN Trunk for Cambium EPMP

Exactly like this for Mikrotik

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Wireless_VLAN_Trunk

If you don't have

Could you ask Cambium Indonesia to loan me EPMP, so that I can test with my 2xCisco 3750

tq

ePMP Trunk.png

My AP1 and SM1 ip are in VLAN88, so I need to set Native VLAN88 in the trunk port that connecting to AP1 and SM1
That's all you need

AP1
Configuration/Radio
Radio Mode: Access Point
Driver Mode: TDD
Automatic Channel Selection: Disabled
Channel Bandwidth: 40MHz
Frequency Carrier: choose clean freq
Alternate Frequency Carrier 1 Channel Bandwidth: 40MHz
Alternate Frequency Carrier 1: choose clean freq
Alternate Frequency Carrier 2 Channel Bandwidth: 40MHz
Alternate Frequency Carrier 2: choose clean freq