R195W QOS

I'm evaulating using Cambium routers as a managed service offering for clients that have VOIP from us. I have a R195W I'm trying to figure out how to configure QOS/prioritization of VOIP traffic. I tried the attached screenshot to allocate bandwidth directly to a VOIP phone but it doesn't seem to be working. What am I missing? Also is the R195W the latest/greatest in the cambium line? I couldn't tell when I ordered. Thank You

Hi ,

If your clients are wirelsee . Voip is already priortized (You can change WMM configuration as your requirement) . See attached image .

Regards,

Nilesh

Thanks, but this is for hardwired Polycom Desk phones. I'm more interested in reserving bandwidth/pioritizing on the internet connection for VOIP traffic to make sure that there is still good call quality even if the internet connection is getting hammered.

I will check and get back to you.

Regards,

Nilesh

Did you ever find anything out about QOS on the R195. Could we get an updated version of this stickied post, preferable with cnMaestro information/screenshots? It seems you are required to put in more information than what is provided in this current post.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPilot-R-Series-Home-Small/Marking-QoS-based-on-traffic/m-p/73231#M29

Hi ,

We have removed classification and prioritization from default QOS config ,  In default config  only rate limit using QoS is present.

For using classification and prioritization . Please follow below steps . 

1. Download configuration file.
  2. Edit and set swNAT to 0, “swFastnatEnabled=0”
  3. Upload edited configuration file , reboot router.
  4. Go to QoS TAB , now you will get option to Classify and prioritize traffic.

Disabling swFastnatEnabled will degrade  performance.

Regards,

Nilesh

See below, is this enough to have proper QOS? or do I also need upload and download speeds listed in there and also rate limiting and an entry for bulk traffic?

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response .R195W(4.6) QoS is not supported . Only rate limit is supported . 

Regards,

Nilesh