Should I Upgrade To 14.2

Hello

Currently running 14.1.1 on a pair of 450 900 MHz PTP  radios and I am wondering if I should upgrade to 14.2.

Will I see any improvements in the performace of the radios?

If needed will I be able to revert to 14.1.1?

Stay Safe

@LostInTheTrees wrote:

Hello

Currently running 14.1.1 on a pair of 450 900 MHz PTP  radios and I am wondering if I should upgrade to 14.2.

Will I see any improvements in the performace of the radios?

If needed will I be able to revert to 14.1.1?

Stay Safe

Hi, 

I highly recommend that you get off of 14.1.1. We have addressed several issues in that release in the newer ones. 14.1.2 is an extremely stable release and we have very good feedback from customers running it. 14.2 was released just yesterday and it introduces 15/30 MHz support (Not for 900 MHz though) and a few other features. Since its brand new (although it went through over 4 months of customer betas) you may want to try a slow rollout of the release, if you choose to use it. 

Thanks,

Sriram

We used 14.2 beta for a couple of month, very stable.

love the  30 mhz channel.

2 Likes

Hi Juan,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that.

Regards,

Vijay Gnanamurtthi

I absolutely think you should upgrade to 14.2 right now.  Then come back in a couple months and tell us how good it is so that I can upgrade to it then.  :)

14.2 is Official?  Why isn't there an announcement?  Email?  Is it a secret?

@FVI wrote:

14.2 is Official?  Why isn't there an announcement?  Email?  Is it a secret?

There was an announcement, on Tuesday, it just got buried under all the other posts.

We've been using the 14.2B30 build for a long time now, and just moved everything up to 14.2. It has all the stability improvements of 14.1.2 with the extra 15/30MHz channel options.

1 Like

Thanks Eric. That post is a sticky now. 

Im going to echo what other people have said...

If you need the bandwidth the 30 mhz channel is a miracle

We went from 78 data slots (UL, DL, Cont) to 120 data slots.

Im not sure about this but I think the 30 mhz channel is only enabled for 5.7.

Not sure about 5.4, 2.4 or 900 for the pmp450

I am also curious to see when the packet processing cap kicks in

1 Like

@VTX wrote:

Im not sure about this but I think the 30 mhz channel is only enabled for 5.7.

Not sure about 5.4, 2.4 or 900 for the pmp450

I am also curious to see when the packet processing cap kicks in

If you would like more information on what channel widths are available for certain radios and bands with the 14.2 reelase, please see this post HERE.

As far as PPS at the AP is concerned, the 450i series has much higher processing power then the orginal 450.