5Ghz wifi dropping

Good Morning

Im having issues where the 5GHz ntework on one of my E400's is just dropping completly for about 30 seconds.

When i say dropping i mean all clients loose connectivity, and the network is not found on the devices and it disapears from  any wifi analiser program, ie they cant see the network.

There is no issues with the 2.4GHz network.

Looking in the log all i can see is this:
Jan 15 09:00:21
Info
WIFI-CLIENT-DISCONNECT-INFO
Client [28-6A-BA-A8-56-A9] disconnect-info [ap-sent-disassoc-with-code-2]
Jan 15 08:59:56
Info
Client [84-9F-B5-F2-81-75] disconnect-info [ap-sent-disassoc-with-code-2]

It seems to happen on all my devices and gets rather frustrating when you are streaming something and it stalls.

It doesnt seem to be happening on my other E400 at the other end of the house. and i believe both access points are configured the same, they just have different IP addresses.

Any help would me much appreciated

Jason

@jasonrowe wrote:

Good Morning

Im having issues where the 5GHz ntework on one of my E400's is just dropping completly for about 30 seconds.

When i say dropping i mean all clients loose connectivity, and the network is not found on the devices and it disapears from  any wifi analiser program, ie they cant see the network.

There is no issues with the 2.4GHz network.

Looking in the log all i can see is this:
Jan 15 09:00:21
Info
Client [28-6A-BA-A8-56-A9] disconnect-info [ap-sent-disassoc-with-code-2]
Jan 15 08:59:56
Info
Client [84-9F-B5-F2-81-75] disconnect-info [ap-sent-disassoc-with-code-2]

It seems to happen on all my devices and gets rather frustrating when you are streaming something and it stalls.

It doesnt seem to be happening on my other E400 at the other end of the house. and i believe both access points are configured the same, they just have different IP addresses.

Any help would me much appreciated

Jason

are the two APs (one that shows the issue and the other that does not, on two different channels on 5GHz?

Could you please email us a tech-support from the AP (it can be downloaded under 'Operations->Tech Support' in the device GUI, to support@cambiumnetworks.com? The tech-support will have all the detailed device logs and a configuration snapshot.

I have 2 E400 access points

One is on channel 100 the other is on channel 132. Both are 80MHz channel widths, there are no other 5GHz networks that i can see using a wifi analiser.

Have sent the email now

Whay is your countrycode?

Is there any chance you are using DFS channels, and the AP is detecting something and shutting the transmitter down?

Ensure your Country code is set correctly and configure the e400 not the choose 5GHz DFS Channels or manually configure the channel and make sure it does not overlap with channel 132.

Channel 100 is in the 5GHz DFS portion of the band. Channel 132 is not!

Without going into detail on how DFS works....it may be that  the AP is detecting a radar signature ( be it true or false ) and behaving as per DFS rules.

There are plenty of 5GHz channels available ( region dependant of course ) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5.C2.A0GHz_.28802.11a.2Fh.2Fj.2Fn.2Fac.29.5B17.5D

Cambium have detailed documentation discussing setup options.