Best Coverage E400 or ePMP1000 HSpot

Hi everybody.

Could someone give me reply with its direct esperience with E400 and ePMP1000 coverage range in real deployment, like HOTELS with fire doors that drop actual (TP-Link 4 db dual antena router <<TL-WA801ND>> up to 12 to 18 db tha couses endpoint/smartphone drop or poor signal. Know tha this model of tplink is far away to be compared with cambium's cnpilot platform but as simple raw power it could give a porspective point form wich to start with.

I tryed E400 (with contry code limitations) and didn't suprised me as boost signal ranger.. could ePMP1000 be better?

Very appreciated!

OC

Any Ideas from Cambium Employes?

From E400 / ePMP1000 spec sheet you can see range coverage as 600 ft / 180m. 

Its too good ePMP 1000 HSpot for industries, school and hotels

1 Like

E400 has a  Tx power of 24/25 dBm (indoor maximum Tx power).  The ePMP 1000 hotspot has a Max Tx power of 28/29 dBm, and is meant for outdoors, so certainly can put out more power at a minimum.  Are you mounting hte APs in corridor?

Yes they are in a home enviroinment. not much ssatisfied to szay truth.

it is true you might not be satisfied but the question i pose, do you mean the E400 is not performing as per the specifications on the Data Sheet? in an indoor environment there is so much that could affect the performance eg the Quality of The walls whether cardboard , bricks or stones

Hi George. At First me and you appart to tell each other that we are and/or not satisfied will suppose that someone @cambium could give us more infos..or troubleshootings..

Second, In the data sheet there is not writen that the performance is at this rate or in htat rate depennding at this kind of wall or that one etcc..

The data sheet tells what in the LAB cambium has done.. standing at the Lab tests every seller of any equipment has the best product toward each other vendor.

So my answer is that with a tp-link I get the same performance that I have with E400 but with one very important, at this point, difference the tenth part of the price.

comparison should be between E500 and ePMP 1000 Hotpsot since both are outdoor units. In Hotel , Industries and scholls then i would go with E500 since it has more features than the 1000 Hotspot and carries more concurrent users.

1 Like

@george midia wrote:

comparison should be between E500 and ePMP 1000 Hotpsot since both are outdoor units. In Hotel , Industries and scholls then i would go with E500 since it has more features than the 1000 Hotspot and carries more concurrent users.

good points, thanks. to add that:  the E500 is also dual band (2.4GHz plus 5GHz) and supports 802.11ac: the higher data-rates, wider channels and typically cleaner 5GHz spectrum can help provide very good user experience especially with newer clients that tend to be 5GHz capable.