POE question E500

I have a question.

Can I use one e500 to power a second e500?.

It looks like the e500 has a POE out and the POE injector that comes with the e500 is a 30 watt injector so in theory it should work...

Anyone have this working?

Thanks

@csalcedo wrote:

I have a question.

Can I use one e500 to power a second e500?.

It looks like the e500 has a POE out and the POE injector that comes with the e500 is a 30 watt injector so in theory it should work...

Anyone have this working?

Thanks

Although we have not tested this particular case this is expected to work; as you noted the injector output covers the power draw of the 2 units. Will be interesting to see if some has tried it already.

Please make sure you configure the first E500 to use the 802.3AF poe-out option, not Cambium-poe-out (since the 2nd E500 will use the standard poe-in).

this should work yes. the e500 on it's own will draw around 10W typical and up to 12W when in extreme conditions (60C, max TX power on both bands). When you enable the Aux port for 48V there is a little extra power consumption for that function (but less than when sourcing for a 30V aux device). The e500 aux port can provide up to 13W to a secondary 48V device. I think it will be fine. Make sure to use high quality Ethernet cable for all connections so minimal power is dissipated in the cable itself.