Version 3.2 GUI on E400/E500 makes things easier to get to

Now you have more information at your fingertips: the AP name clearly visible in the top banner, and also in the browser tab if you are configuring/monitoring more than 1 AP at atime.

WLANS are now easier to get to. Instead of selecting a number from a pulldown, just click the name of the WLAN for immediate, faster access to it: 

Same with the radios: one click to switch to the right radio, no need for pop-ups and pulldowns!

2 Likes

3.2 looks great, but r23 made my AP’s extremely unstable, and a downgrade to 3.1.1.1… hasn’t resolved the issue. When will 3.2r24 be available? Or, how can I go back to the 3.2 beta I had been running successfully?

@CinKane wrote:
3.2 looks great, but r23 made my AP's extremely unstable, and a downgrade to 3.1.1.1... hasn't resolved the issue. When will 3.2r24 be available? Or, how can I go back to the 3.2 beta I had been running successfully?

we'll be releasing 3.2.1 shortly, however I'll reach out offline to get tech-support from your AP to see what the issue with 3.2-r23 was...

thanks.

For me at least, the GUI has problems. When configuring there are drop down boxes that won't work. For example on WLAN editing, I can't change the security settings. The drop down doesn't work. Also, tick boxes like Enable don't work. Is this something to do with Windows IE? The last release worked fine!

I gave up on the GUI and went to the CLI to configure.

Just an FYI.

@jsgallops wrote:

For me at least, the GUI has problems. When configuring there are drop down boxes that won't work. For example on WLAN editing, I can't change the security settings. The drop down doesn't work. Also, tick boxes like Enable don't work. Is this something to do with Windows IE? The last release worked fine!

I gave up on the GUI and went to the CLI to configure.

Just an FYI.

We'll check out Windows IE. In the meantime can you please see if see the issues on Chrome/Firefox?

Also, please do a refresh/reload of the main page so it uses the newer updated version instead of something from cache.

OK, will check it out with FireFox...

Yes! Works with FireFox and NOT IE. FYI

Thanks!

@jsgallops wrote:

OK, will check it out with FireFox...

Yes! Works with FireFox and NOT IE. FYI

Thanks!

thank you for confirming that. we'll check out whats going on with IE

Hi,

Please share the IE version, on which we have seen the issue?

With Regards,
Channareddy

Why was 3.2-r23 recalled? We update a lot of AP's to that firmware.

The IE version is 11 running on Win 7.

I have another issue with 3.2, but see it was withdrawn. It is not on topic for the GUI, but will mention it...

When setting an E400 WLAN in a client mesh configuration, the AP crashes (at least it appears to, I suspect the CPU is maxxed out) and destroys the config file. Have to reset the AP and reprogram. Not using mesh on 3.2-r23!

@jsgallops wrote:

The IE version is 11 running on Win 7.

I have another issue with 3.2, but see it was withdrawn. It is not on topic for the GUI, but will mention it...

When setting an E400 WLAN in a client mesh configuration, the AP crashes (at least it appears to, I suspect the CPU is maxxed out) and destroys the config file. Have to reset the AP and reprogram. Not using mesh on 3.2-r23!

Thanks.

Yes mesh-client was the issue for which we pulled 3.2. We'll have a 3.2.1 with a fix for this on the support site by Monday, apologies for the trouble on that (the CPU would get maxed out as you suspcted)

3.2.1-r6 has fixed the mesh issue! Thanks.

Still can't configure using the GUI with IE 11. Firefox is fine.

@jsgallops wrote:

3.2.1-r6 has fixed the mesh issue! Thanks.

Still can't configure using the GUI with IE 11. Firefox is fine.

Thanks. IE config issue is being resolved in an upcoming firmware release.