E500 kicking or adding clients

has anybody had experience in being able to kick or add a cm to a specific e500 ap? i am on a campus with multiple e500 aps and i want to get assocated with one ap in particular. i see in access where i can create a rull to deny a mac address and that works but can i add a mac this way as well... i tried using same access to allow my mac to a specific ap that i was standing directly underneath but did not get added to the client list. also if there is an easier way for this to occur i would like to explore that

@mrocha86 wrote:

has anybody had experience in being able to kick or add a cm to a specific e500 ap? i am on a campus with multiple e500 aps and i want to get assocated with one ap in particular. i see in access where i can create a rull to deny a mac address and that works but can i add a mac this way as well... i tried using same access to allow my mac to a specific ap that i was standing directly underneath but did not get added to the client list. also if there is an easier way for this to occur i would like to explore that

the client scans and picks the AP to connect to, the only way to restrict it is I think teh mac-acl that you have tried. Are all the E500s running at max power (thats the default). If you have very strong overlapping coverage, might help to reduce the transmit power across the board (or enable auto-rf which does this automatically).

Another option is to enable 'enhanced roaming' in the radio settings, this will disconncet clients that have low signal strength, causing them to connect to the stronger AP. Note one caveat : there should be overlappign coverage. If you have areas with low signal strength, but want connectivity still, enhanceed roaming will end up deny connectivity to those clients depending on the threshold you set