Auto RF

Hey there Community.

Eliot Here with some questions.

1. Is Auto RF compatible with Auto Channel selection?

2. the auto RF system of all Enterprise radios has 2 modes first the centralized mode, and then the autonomous mode. but If I want to choose a mode in CNMAESTRO is doesn’t even give me the option of doing that, all I can do is to enable the auto RF, so here is my question, if I send the auto RF configuration to an AP group, which mode will be chosen?

P.S I have already ask, Cambium support regarding this queries, and they weren’t really informed about this topics.

Looking forward to your answer.

Eliot

>> Is Auto RF compatible with Auto Channel selection?

Auto RF once enabled, automatically takes over all channel / power assignment.  The ACS settings are ignored.

>> if I send the auto RF configuration to an AP group, which mode will be chosen?

The default auto-rf mode is autonomous.  The option to configure the mode is coming with the 1.6.x release of cnMaestro.  Will update you once that is in.

Thanks!

We're using Cloud cnMaestro.  What should determine whether I switch the Auto RF mode to "centralized" instead of "autonomous"?  We have many areas with up to 20 APs that need to co-exist.  Should these AP Gruops be set to just pick a channel on a daily schedule, or should we let this all be managed centrally?  Or both?