E400 wifi range trouble

Hey Folks !
I have 2 cnpilot e400 AP
My problem is : if i am in the flat the wifi sign is cool, but as soon as i am going out to the garden (which is like 5 meters away from the AP)
I permanently loosing signal.
Any advice which / what to configure to have more stable signal ?

@csabeee911 wrote:
Hey Folks !
I have 2 cnpilot e400 AP
My problem is : if i am in the flat the wifi sign is cool, but as soon as i am going out to the garden (which is like 5 meters away from the AP)
I permanently loosing signal.
Any advice which / what to configure to have more stable signal ?

Could you please describe a little more about the setup: where is the ap placed in the room, what is between the AP and the garden (walls? metal shelves?). How does the clietn signal strength look when you are in the room with the AP what is the radio transmit power configured on the AP?

The ap placed in the middle of the room, the balcony door is like 3 meters away. It's a normal aluminium/glass door (to the garden) no shelves just walls (brick walls.. nothing extraordinary)

the client signal strength is excellent when inside.. but poor when outside (5 meters distance plus a wall between the ap and clients)

The radio transmit power is on 25dbm (that's the max value in my country)

Also, can you help me a bit in configuring mesh ?

i have configured one AP as base on 5ghz with wpa-psk2)

configured the other AP as client with same SSID, and same wpa password)

reboot, but after that, i cannot connect . the SSID don't even shows up, plus i cannot login to the access points anymore..

Is there anything else to set up a mesh link ? because i want to use only 1 SSID and don't want to switch between AP-s all the time..

To have better range on E400, best practise is to keep AP on the top & facing it to ground(i.e Ceil mounting).

Mesh Base Configuration:

------------------

1. Set static Channel on 2.4g or 5G radio & set with Max power.

2. Create a WLAN profile with

- SSID

- Band 2.4G or 5G

- Enable MeshBase

- Set security with WPA2-Preshared key

Mesh Client Configuration:

===================

1. Keep "Auto" channel on  2.4G or 5G radio with Max power.

2. Create a WLAN profile

- Same SSID as of MeshBase.

- Same band as of MeshBase.

- Select Mesh Client.

- Set same key as of MeshBase.

If still issue is seen on establishing mesh connection, then please share your techdump support of MeshBase AP & Mesh Client AP.

If i set everything as described both of my ap-s are freeze out…
And cannot connect with the pre shared key… it keeps saying wrong password…
do i need to set up another wlan for the clients to connect ?
mesh base and client ssid is only for the 2 ap-s ?
and need to setup a different one ?

Plus, i still have the range issie, the signal is good now, but in the garden, it’s randomly dropping the wifi completely.