E500 series Connector-ized model

Is there any plan for a connectorized model that would allow us to use an antenna of our choosing?

@lucas2676 wrote:

Is there any plan for a connectorized model that would allow us to use an antenna of our choosing?

I seriously doubt it as there would be so many antenna connectors on the radio as to make this very time consuming and difficult to connect to a 3rd party antenna. If you need different antenna options for specific coverage areas, consider the new E501 series, which includes sectorized 90/120, and 30 degree models.

1 Like

As Eric posted above between the E500 (Omni) E501 (90-120 degree Sector) and E502 (30 degree sector) we should be able to cover most of the outdoor deployment scenarios now.

Could you please post some more details of the kind of installation you were looking to do? (what kind of external antenna: higher gain or some other type of coverage?). Will be good feedback into our roadmap planning.

We are currently installing and testing the E500s and E501s in a trailer park. In some cases the E501  works very well, but mostly we are using the E500. Because of some of the longer distances I was currious to see if a connectorized model would be available in the future where we could use a higher gain antenna instead of a bunch of E500s. 

@lucas2676 wrote:

We are currently installing and testing the E500s and E501s in a trailer park. In some cases the E501  works very well, but mostly we are using the E500. Because of some of the longer distances I was currious to see if a connectorized model would be available in the future where we could use a higher gain antenna instead of a bunch of E500s. 

got it. thank you for the details.