Issue with particular device connecting to cambium

Hi all,

I have a broadlink ir/rf blaster that I am trying to incorporate onto my wifi except it will not connect.

Connects fine to a tp link wifi but not to the e400.

Checking the logs on the AP it shows failed handshake on wireless lan [SSID] due to invalid pre-shared key

I have double checked and confirmed the password is correct.

AP is ont he latest firmware. I have researched and followed other guides I can find for similar issues and still no luck.

Also having an issue with another device that will just drop off and back on again after a few seconds. Not sure if this is the tablet at fault or the AP as only one device is doing this.

Any ideas and happy to send the Tech Support doco.

Regards,

Karl

Hi Karl,

Thank you for contacting Cambium Networks .

Can you please share the Tech-Support to vtr100@cambiumnetworks.com

It would be helpful if you can also share the broadlink ir/rf blaster details like Hardware, Software etc. Even a link to the product would be helpful.

Regards,

Vivek

Hi Vivek,

I am emailing you the tech support now.

This is the device: http://www.ibroadlink.com/rm/

Regards,

Karl

Just for anyone searching this issue.  I spent along time trying to work out why this issue only happened with Cambium AP's and the Broadlink IR Mini 3. 

You need to disable the option:
"Respond to ARP requests automatically on behalf of clients". 

When you have been experimenting with multiple SSID's it might be best to temporarily hide all SSID's except for the one your trying to connect with the Broadlink.  I turned off the 5ghz radio originally but find that wasnt much of an issue using a shared frequency ssid.

@rbs wrote:

Just for anyone searching this issue.  I spent along time trying to work out why this issue only happened with Cambium AP's and the Broadlink IR Mini 3. 

You need to disable the option:
"Respond to ARP requests automatically on behalf of clients". 

When you have been experimenting with multiple SSID's it might be best to temporarily hide all SSID's except for the one your trying to connect with the Broadlink.  I turned off the 5ghz radio originally but find that wasnt much of an issue using a shared frequency ssid.

thank you for sharing the workaround to making the connection with the Broadlink IR Mini 3 work. 

Can you please confirm you needed to disable this proxy-arp option even with firmware version 3.8 on the cnPilot AP?

This was with the current recommended firmware 3.7.1-r4.

I will try it in 3.8