L2Tp with routeros 6.x

Hi guys,

has anyone test L2TP tunnel with routeros 6.x firmware?

The dynamic L2TP interface doesn't appear; the tunnel doesn't up.

Thank's

Mattia

@mattia wrote:

Hi guys,

has anyone test L2TP tunnel with routeros 6.x firmware?

The dynamic L2TP interface doesn't appear; the tunnel doesn't up.

Thank's

Mattia

We'll try and get back on RouterOS 6.x, meanwhile note that on the E400/E500 the L2TP configraiton is in two places, have both been setup?

1. under Configure -> Network -> Tunnel set the tunnel-encapsulation to L2TP and in the L2TP section set the remote host configuration

2. under Configure -> WLAN  check the 'Tunnel Mode' in the 'Advanced' configuration section. (some WLANs can be tunneled, others can be locally bridged if needed)

Thanks.

Yes, I followed the guide.

Thank's

Hi,

Hope you followed the instrcutions given in the Cambium Community cnPilot Knwoledge base with the head line,

L2TPv2 Tunnel Configuration On E Series cnPilot e400 and e500 APs

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPilot-E-Series-Hotspot-E500/L2TPv2-Tunnel-Configuration-On-E-Series-cnPilot-e400-and-e500/m-p/57762#U57762

The document file is also attached for your reference.

If still not able to make it, please provide us remote access of the setup, we shall be able to help. Please reach to me on my mail id channareddy.ireddy@gmail.com

WIth Regards,

Channareddy

of course

same Problem L2tp is not connected on E501 in Mikrotik is shows up

I have configured and tested in-house with Mikrotik using version 6.37.3. e500 and e501 are able to form L2TP tunnel.

Please find below screenshot:

Please share your mikortik and AP configuration at shashank.tadakamadla@cambiumnetworks.com

Hey People!

I got it working with the tunnel. But no DHCP is passing through.

I see in the mikrotik logfiles "blah lease offered.." but the client dont get an ip address.

The tunnel shows as down in the E410 cli (show tunnel-status) but on the mikrotik side it shows as up.

As the dhcp requests and offers are passing i assume the tunnel is up.

• L2TP tunnel has a keep-aive mechanism. If the tunnel is established, "show tunnel-status" should reflect as "UP" else tunnel is down.
  • Please check your tunnel configuration on Mikrotik router.