R201 Site survey or spectral scan.

I am thinking that this is more of a feature request as I have not found anything in the  GUI nor in the manual about this.

Is there any way to have the router see wireless interference? I feel like I am running blind and have to pick at random and hope that channel has the least interference. The auto seems to pick a channel at startup and stick to it.

I suppose a mechanism to auto detect interference and change on the fly may negate the need for a spectral scan or a site survey.

So my question, Is there any way to see or find interference with the R201?

@NGL_Connection wrote:

I am thinking that this is more of a feature request as I have not found anything in the  GUI nor in the manual about this.

Is there any way to have the router see wireless interference? I feel like I am running blind and have to pick at random and hope that channel has the least interference. The auto seems to pick a channel at startup and stick to it.

I suppose a mechanism to auto detect interference and change on the fly may negate the need for a spectral scan or a site survey.

So my question, Is there any way to see or find interference with the R201?

The R201 currently does not currently support a spectrum scan. However when the AP is managed through cnMaestro, the administrator can use the trouble-shooting section of cnMaestro to launch a wifi-Analyzer scan. This way the AP will scan and report all the other wifi APs it sees on other channels.

To get to the WiFi Analyser select the R201 then click on the troubleshooting Icon:

the scan can be run on either band, whtn the scan is run you will see counts of neighboring APs on different channels:

Thank you. That should be helpful.

A question.

cnMaestro doesn't show SNR anymore, it just shows signal as a percentage.

So is a small percent a weak interference and a large percent a lot of interference?

Or the other way around?