cnMaestro only shows Wireless clients, not wired clients

cnMaestro only shows Wireless clients on the R200, and not wired clients. Please fix this so all clients are displayed. 

I realized the above this morning when I was trying to remotely troubleshoot whether a customer's computer was connected to their router. I couldn't tell remotely so I had to agree to go on-site to check. 

Thanks  for your inputs. We will add feature in upcoming release.

2 Likes

uberdome is exactly correct.  Been through the same disaster before.

If they are a client, (no matter if they are Wireless or Wired) - they need to show up.

This needs fixed.

1 Like

Glad to hear this is being implemented, my boss was just lamenting the fact that wired clients didn't show up on the client interface.  Thanks Cambium.

When are our wired clients' data upload and download throughput going to show up on cloud cnMaestro?

@nirajlochan , when is the next replease coming out?

@nirajlochan what release is this expected to be in? It has been just over 1 year and I was wondering if you have any updates.

This has been needed since the beginning launch and is still desperately needed today.

I never use R series before.

QUESTIONS:

1. Do you mean I can't see wired user mac address in cnMaestro?

If yes, I desperately need this feature because I will only allow certain mac address to internet on both wired or wireless

2. can you give screenshot and location of where you can check wired client can't be seen

tq

Did you ever get a responce on this?

Has this been resolved? If not, when will the fix be released?

@FTTH wrote:

Has this been resolved? If not, when will the fix be released?

No. Would you consider opening a ticket and asking when it will be complete and let us know here? 

Hi 

I am sorry for the delayed response. Please create a support ticket to track this requirement.

Regards

Niraj

Oh, so it sounds like they're either not already tracking this, or have not actually done anything toward fixing it.

So, please, everyone following this thread open a ticket asking for cnMaestro to show wired clients on R-Series routers.

It is amazing to me that this is still not implemented.

1 Like

CnPilot R is the b@stard step child of Cambium. There's lots of good ideas floating around but seemingly no development time to go into it. The biggest progress I've seen on the platform in the last year is they fixed the wifi calling bug.

1 Like

I have a ticket open for this issue. I do wish the ticketing process would result in more clear resolution of issues (with less personal work required).

@Ryan Ray wrote:

...There's lots of good ideas floating around but seemingly no development time to go into it. The biggest progress I've seen on the platform in the last year is they fixed the wifi calling bug.

I reported that bug 10/2017... I provided all kinds of information, tests, packet captures, etc. We went back and forth for a long time. I had a beta firmware to test 4/2018 (6 months later), and it wasn't released until 8/2018 (10 months to complete).

Also, there is a DHCP bug that was reported 11/2017, and resolved 12/2017. It wasn't implemented until 8/2018 (the other big improvement this year)... which is 9 months to complete. 

I appreciate that Cambium resolves these issues, but I agree, it seems like there is very little development effort dedicated to the product. 

Cambium can we get a comment on this please. 

I spoke to a bunch of you at wispapalooza and you took down info I'm just wondering if there's actually some people behind the development who are willing to move this firmware forward at a more brisk pace

Hi Ryan ,

Let me check and get back with specific inputs. Is there specific information about wired clients that would be userful for you ?

ashutosh

It has been a year and a half and this issue still persists.

Looking for an update. When will cnMaestro show wired clients and wired throughput?