nat type for ps4

my nat type on my ps4 is 3 and this prevents me from doing a lot.. i want to change this to nat type 2 at least can anyone help? i have a normal cambium router that i got from my internet provider its called "CAMBIUM_2.4GHz_"

Hi 

Which cambium Router are you using it is the R200 or R201 ?

You can enable uPNP from the Application -> UPnP

You can also allow specific TCP/UDP ports  from Security -> Port Filter Settings.

thanks 

ashuosh 

1 Like

You can enable required ports depending on the specific game in section "Network->Port Forward" on the router. See attachment.

Like suggested in below site.

http://www.playstationing.com/ps4/how-to-change-your-nat-type-on-ps4-and-ps3/839

this is exactly what i did.. i opened all the ports neseccary as shown on the website.. and it didnt work.. i went through every detaill every step.. and im still nat type 3.. i even asked my internet provider for help and said that they cant do it. i really need help

In my experience, the most important part in getting an open NAT type is enabling uPnP.  With that enabled, you may not need to do anything about the ports.  I'm stuck on moderate NAT because I'm using a phone hotspot, which doesn't support uPnP.  

1 Like

If you aren't the provider you don't know how things are setup. It's quite possible that your provider isn't handing you a public IP and there is NAT going on before it even gets to your router, so forwarding those ports isn't doing anything because the connection is getting torn apart before it even gets to you.

On the Status tab under "WAN Interface", what does it show for "IP Address"... this'll shed some light to your situation.

where exactly?

Please provide WAN interface IP address details of the status page and console capture of “tracert  www.google.com”  command.

Or Provide the connectivity status or reachability ports/opening status of ports in PS4 when cambium device is configured in bridge mode.

• Screenshot  of Cambium device Status page:

https://192.168.11.1/status/Status_Basic.asp (Status->Basic)

• How to capture tracert command output:
  1. Open cmd prompt on your Windows PC.
  2. Capture the “tracert  www.google.com” command output.

Example:

C:\Users\user>tracert  www.google.com

Tracing route to www.google.com [216.58.196.164]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     5 ms     4 ms     4 ms  cnPilot-R201P [192.168.11.1]

2    17 ms    10 ms    10 ms  10.110.211.254

3     *        *        *     Request timed out.

4     *        *        *     Request timed out.

5  ^C

If you are looking to change NAT Type On PS4 then you should read this guide
It can help you changing nat type on ps4