56 MHz channel on PTP820C

I can't seem to get LP 4.6.2 to give me a 56 MHz channel width option. I've tried FCC/ETSI, Narrow/Wide, 2+0 Spatial Diversity/2+0 XPIC, 490/500....

What's the trick to allowing 56 to appear? The datasheet states the PTP820C can use that width.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

What frequency band are you using? The 56 MHz channel is mostly not available for FCC and there are a few bands where it is not supported by ETSI regulations. The datasheets are not constrained by the regulations and show what the radio is capable of.

Regards,

Rachel

I'm working in 11 GHz, FCC. We have a SAF radio link @ 56 currently, and looking at options to replace it.

Hi Kevin,

The 56 MHz bandwidth is not an official bandwidth for FCC but is often used together with the 80 MHz channel separations. To model this in LINKPlanner choose the PTP 820C (Narrow) and select the 80 MHz bandwidth. This will use a 56 MHz MRMC script giving you the capacity of the 56 MHz channel, but the frequency selection lists will offer channel options which include the 80 MHz channel plan offered by the FCC.

Regards,

Rachel

Thank you, that helps. Maybe that could be indicated a little better in a future version.