Copy and Paste Issue

When LinkPlanner is open on my desktop I cannot copy and paste to anything, even notepad. Once linkplanner is closed I can copy and paste. Has Cambium run into this issue and is there a fix?

System being used: Windows 7 Enterprise. 

System Type: 64-Bit Opereating System

Thanks

Jimenez

Hi,

We haven't seen this problem before. I have had similar issues when running Microsoft Office, particularly if the smart clipboard is enabled. Are you running any other applications which could interfere with the clipboard and do you still have the problem after restarting your computer?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Not to my knowledge. Ive rsteatred several times and reopen link planner but the issue does not go away.  Issue goes away after linkplanner is closed.  

Thanks

Jimenez

Download this patch (for v4.6.3) -  http://linkplanner.cambiumnetworks.com/patches/Windows/4.6.3/main_frame.pyc.

To install the patch:

- Close LINKPlanner
- Open the LINKPlanner installation directory in Explorer (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Cambium Networks\LINKPlanner)
- Navigate to the folder "link_planner\wxapp"
- Place the attached file in the folder
> You may need to download the file to a neutral location such as the desktop and then copy it into the folder. Windows doesn't like you replacing Program Files.
- Start LINKPlanner

If that works for you then we will include the fix in the next LINKPlanner release.

Hi Andy,

Ive applied update. As of now copy ans paste works. Im going to leave linkplanner open for about an hour to see if I can repeat any copy and paste issues. 

Thanks

Jimenez

Excellent - thanks. LILNKPlanner will still try to grab the clibboard when it is active, but it no longer tries when the focus switches to another application.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Copy and paste issue is no longer happening. 

Regards
Jimenez