PTP 820 - CAN IT BE DESIGNED FOR A DISTANCE OF 120km link

Hi,

Do we a have a primer/guide for this model. We are currently looking into using licensed PTP especially for the 820 series. We have designed this path using 650 (LOS) and works base from the LP outputs yet licensed freq. is in consiration as well.

Any comments pls.

Have you tried putting all the path details into LinkPlanner?

Indeed, what does LINKPlanner say?

What are your throughput and availability requirements?

You can download three documents for each platform (PTP 820S, PTP 820C, and PTP 820G): technical description, user guide, and installation guide.

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/ptp820/

(There are a few other related documents there as well, as well as the the software!)

Given the length (about 74 miles), you probably want to design this using a lower band, like 6 or 7 GHz. (I apologize--I don't know in what region you are planning this link.)

Please contact your Cambium Networks Regional Sales Manager, Regional Technical Manager, or customer support for further LINKPlanner advice.

I hope this helps!

Dave

1 Like

It will be tough to get that distance along with high availability. By the time you buy 6 foot 6ghz dishes and ptp 820 you could probably do two 650 links and get similar throughput numbers for same pricing. We have had very good luck with the 650’s, (five links deployed in last 3 months) they are truly amazing radios. Aim them in the general direction and let’s go get that 450+ megs aggregate. Keep in mind you can customize the up link and down to best suit your needs. If you want to PM me coordinates I will be happy to run in LP for ya and get you availability numbers vs 650.

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

Appreciate and thank you for all the suggestions.