PTP 820 admin user locked out

Hello,

I have a major issue.

The admin user is locked out, and I need to access the web interface immediately to resolve a major issue.

Can someone advise a method access the radio, please.?

Install net-snmp and run the following

snmpset -v 2c -c private 192.168.1.1 .1.3.6.1.4.1.2281.10.11.5.2.1.30.7.99.97.109.98.105.117.109 i 5 .1.3.6.1.4.1.2281.10.11.5.2.1.3.7.99.97.109.98.105.117.109 s recovery .1.3.6.1.4.1.2281.10.11.5.2.1.2.7.99.97.109.98.105.117.109 s admin

user becomes cambium

password becomes recovery

3 Likes

Did this issue ever get resolved?  I have updated my 820s to the current shipping software, then defaulted the radios and the admin login still does not work. If I can get it to work once, usually the next time it will fail. The SNMP script is OK, but I have even had some of those logins fail. Am I doing something wrong?

Cambium's response to this issue, it designed this way:

"Thank you for your patience. I have had a word with my next level and this is the default behaviour for the radios. You can use the same login credentials or create new as per your need on the radio. Please let me know if you have any further query."

I have had other credentials fail also, anyone else? Has any one been able to even change the admin password? I cant since I cannot login using the admin logon.

@cngr96 wrote:

Cambium's response to this issue, it designed this way:

I have had other credentials fail also, anyone else? Has any one been able to even change the admin password? I cant since I cannot login using the admin logon.

Same here just now. Brand new set of 820c's loaded with the latest firmware. Put public IP addresses on them, and changed the default password so that they wouldn't get hacked. 

Went to access it 20 minutes later and gives me "Failed Login" everytime, and on both radios. What a nightmare in recovery, and finding how-to recover, as there is no default reset button. 

This must be a recent issue perhaps with the new firmware? I know 100% what I changed the password to, as I even logged back in after I changed it. 

I've gone down this path with Cambium. I still maintain they have a problem with the admin logon being locked out, even on a private network. Others have seen this also. Cambium looked at my logs and blamed it on attacks, but could not explain why a logon they created locked out to. My work around is to create an obscure logon with admin rights and keep it for emergencies. I have suggested to Cambium they REMOVE the lockout on the admin account. The owner of the gear should be responsible for a secure password. Locking out the admin account almost guarantees a trip to some obscure location on earth you would rather not have to go to. Also, locking out admin accounts in not an industry standard.

I'm going through the same hassle right now! What the world...

I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Please contact support!

http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/support/contact-support/

Dave

I can't get set-snmp to work and their website has been down a while...  wondering if anyone has tried this a different way?  I've tried a snmp MIB browser that can push write commands but the MIB's published by Cambium do not have a 1.3.6.14.4.1.2281.10.11.xx...  They stop at 10.9.

I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Please contact support!

http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/support/contact-support/

Dave

This just happened to us again on a new link we are installing. Happened to both radios after changing the password for the admin account. We fixed the first with SNMP recovery, but the second one was out in the field waiting to be installed. 

The issue for the second one was that the field tech didn't have any SNMP utilities on his computer to issue the command. I don't understand what we're doing wrong here. Is this a bug? Are we not supposed to change the admin password?

We're running 8.3 currently. I was going to upgrade, but think I'll wait until 10 comes out bc of the NTP issue in the latest v9.

Has anyone found a 64bit version that works?  Apparently net-snmp is only 32bit and I haven't had a 32bit machine for several years.  When I try to install the program is gives me an error and shuts down the install.  Thanks

End of 2021 and this nonsense is still happening :frowning:

Year of our lord 2022, Software version 11.9
SNMP solution above does not work, problem still happening. Telnet CLI reports login locked due to X failed attempts.

Thanks Cambium Support team, solution by @Brook_Sneddon works.

If you are on Windows, try mobaXterm.

No longer works with if you upgrade to FW 11.9.5.0.0.74.

So I have ran into this problem as well. I have successfully reset 2 ptp820c, however when I try this method on the ptp820s i am getting a timeout error when running mobaxterm. Any ideas? I can ping the radios, I can SSH to the radios, I can get to the login, but i caqnnot run the snmpset on it