PTP800 - Custom made Poller for configuration only

Thank you for the suggestion!

I'm moving this to Ideas so that it gets some attention.

I'm leaving a placeholder here, since other forum members may have a solution already.

Dave

Wait.

The product manager and I have a question: Why do you suspect that the configuration will change after a month?

Why do you want to compare the latest configuration to last month's configuration?

If you don't touch it, the configuration won't change.

Perhaps we don't understand what you're really asking for.

Please, if you could, add more detail.

Thanks!

Dave

HI David,

This Cambium PTP800 is getting used to link between RBS Sites.

As part of fault finding and blueprint standardisation, we would like to download as build configuration report and save it. From now on, if Operation team member/s would like to change any settings then they can change and as per the security policy they can change the blueprint as well. So for investigation purpose we can compare those files and pin point the RCA.

As an example, during PTP800 upgrade from 05-00 to 06-02, we noticed that lot of settings were mismatching between primary and secondary.

In this way, we can configure the entire settings between two units and could avoid future unknown issues.

This blueprint configuration is required for Operation point of view and noticed that we are not able to open .CFG file in notepad or wordpad to compare. So we have only option is running custom poller from MIB via solarwinds which can compare the last saved config against new one if anything is changed.

Regards,

Dip

Thanks!

We'll have a look!

Dave

Thanks a lot Dave.

Cheers

Dip

Dear DaveĀ 

Do you have any update on this XML file?

Regards,

Dip