Motorola Wireless 5.7 Ghz canopy Issue

I been using the canopy wireless for the past 6 months. I have encouter link problem and my percentage barely reaches 60%. The line of site between to the two building is quite clear.

Session Status REGISTERED
Registered AP 0a-00-3e-f0-95-2d
RSSI 751
Jitter 12
Air Delay 93 (approximately 0.86 miles (4557 feet))

According to the vendor, the motorola canopy is not stable. I was wondering how true is it?

Shaunkoo,
Are you using point-to-point (backhauls) or point-to-multipoint (AP to SM)?

It looks like you have an alignment problem. I would recommend re-aligning the radio’s to get a better link. You should be getting much better RSSI and Jitter readings.

If aligned properly the Canopy system is quite stable.

your jitter is not good meaning there some tilting to be done.Though you might have a clear line of sight make sure you have at least 5-10 meters freznel zone.Also try to aim the AP directly.Remember that RSSI should be about 900+ and jitter less than 7 for a better link. These should be your target.

Canopy_Support wrote:
Shaunkoo,
Are you using point-to-point (backhauls) or point-to-multipoint (AP to SM)?

It looks like you have an alignment problem. I would recommend re-aligning the radio’s to get a better link. You should be getting much better RSSI and Jitter readings.

If aligned properly the Canopy system is quite stable.

Not doubting your alignment abilities but a good place to start is making sure the vertical support arm on both reflector modules are perpendicular to the ground or roof surface. Your jitter and RSSI are unacceptable at that distance, or any other distance for that matter. Then, if possible using a pair of binoculars line them up on the back of the reflector where the bottom rim of the lenese are rested just on the edge of the top rim of the reflector. Looking through the binoculars, align that backhaul to where the other one is in the middle of your view and vice versa. I know this all sounds stone age but it works for us.

shaunkhoo wrote:
I been using the canopy wireless for the past 6 months. I have encouter link problem and my percentage barely reaches 60%. The line of site between to the two building is quite clear.

Session Status REGISTERED
Registered AP 0a-00-3e-f0-95-2d
RSSI 751
Jitter 12
Air Delay 93 (approximately 0.86 miles (4557 feet))

According to the vendor, the motorola canopy is not stable. I was wondering how true is it?

You definitely need to adjust your radios.. I setup a 5.7 backhaul two weeks ago and got over 1092 rssi and jitter of 2!!!
I would assume that you don't have dishes on these , but if you do, like the other gentlemen (Tjizzle) said, the support arm needs to be vertical..
other wise , just adjust you radios and refresh your screen until you get your jitter down to 2 or 3.. you should be able to get that easy... good luck