PMP100 900Mhz w/ PPPoE - bandwidth settings ?

Hi,

We are trying to have some old Canopy 900 MHz radio connecting with PPPoE accounts (bypassing Prizm as much as possible).

Both AP and SMs are using the firmware CANOPY 13.4.1.

The PPPoE connection is established and there is no issue there. Every PPPoE account is set up on a specific plan depending on the plan of the customer. Unfortunately, the bandwidth settings we have for every PPPoE account do not match Sustained Uplink, Downlink data rate and Burst Allocations we see on the access point for the SM.

It's like the radios can connect through the PPPoE server, but they cannot receive the bandwidth plan.

The Bandwidth Configuration Source on the AP is set up on SM. 

We have a Mikrotik router with a separate Radius server to authenticate PPPoE sessions.

Any suggestion?

Just to clarify, you are saying that the radio gets authenticated onto your network via the Mikrotik RADIUS server, but the PPPoE plan never gets applied?

Does traffic get sent through the link?  What rates?  Does it go by the default settings, or managed by your plan?

I have asked the engineering team to check into this...

"Just to clarify, you are saying that the radio gets authenticated onto your network via the Mikrotik RADIUS server, but the PPPoE plan never gets applied?"

Sorry, I didn't give you all the elements you need. We do have a Mikrotik router, but we use DMA Radius Manager to authernticate PPPoE connections. We have a mixed network with Cambium, Ubiquiti and Canopy radios. We have no issues with ePMPs and Ubiquiti devices. They can successfully authenticate through DMA Radius Manager and the plan is correctly applied.

Our 900 radios instead get authenticated but, yes, the plan never gets applied.

"Does traffic get sent through the link?  What rates?  Does it go by the default settings, or managed by your plan?"

Yes, there is traffic through the link. The speeds are the one set by default on the QoS tab of the SM. They can be changed manually, but the problem is that I cannot find another way to provision the radio having it pull the plan from the PPPoE Manager. 

Also, to make sure I give you all the info you might need, I set up the Access Point Authentication on "SM only". If i use the Autherntication Server, it will point Prizm. I wonder if there is something we can do there.

Thank you for your help

Can you please email me the CNUT captures from both AP and SM.

My email id is balaji.grandhi@cambiumnetworks.com.

Do Canopy 900s with Firmware version 10.5 support bandwidth provisioning through PPPoE?