Pmp100 upgrade

Got my replacement sm today and i need to upgrade it so i can upload my backup cfg file, but im getting an error in cnut:

01/15/16 17:24:01 WARN    Host: 10.5.1.120;ESN: 0A003E5590E7;Message: Radio closed FTP connectionFTP transfer files failed, org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPConnectionClosedException: Connection closed without indication.. Will retry transfer file. (SITE= No Site Name)

Radio is at 11.2-sm-des

Using cnut 4.9.18

Regards

Kristian

A few of us now have mentioned odd issues going to/from 11.2. I'm not sure if it's CNUT 4.9.18 or what. Try going to 12.1 or 13.1.3 first. I think that's what I had to do.

1 Like

Any other suggestions? I've got the same error on multiple units. Tried upgrading to several different packages including 12.1 and 13.1.3 with the same result.

Hi,

Have you checked your firewall if it is not blocking your FTP port?

Also could you please check if the SNMP option on the radio is set to READ/Write and check if the SNMP Community String matches .

In case if the same issue still persists, please try to upgarde the radio after a factory default.

Regards,
Hardik Patel

Hardik,

Thanks for your reply! I had already opened up my firewall and ensured SNMP string was correct and access was set to R/W. I also factory reset the radios and still was not able to upgrade them. However, after a factory reset, I was able to upgrade them to the closest new version, then incriment up.

This works great for modules on my bench, but presents a nasty problem for modules out in the field. Factory resetting them would also cut them off from remote management. What else can be done?

Hi,

That's right, we have to follow the correct upgarde path in order to upgarde the radios without any issues.

For the radio's which are there on your network, is it possible to go on a remote session, so we can try few things to check what could really be causing this issue?

If yes, please send us your contact details to support@cambiumnetworks.com and we will contact you.

Regards,

Hardik Patel

Did you guys find any solution to this? I'm having the same issue.

Goto update and configure - Check " Use Passive Transfer"

4 Likes

That worked like a charm jhyndman! Thank you!!!