900 MHz PMP450i - Sustained Data Rate Cap??

Hey guys, we have our first 900 MHs PMP450i gear installed, and after some testing, I find that our SM's are limited in the data rates.  Currently, for testing, I have the QoS set wide open, no limits, yet I only get ~4.8 Mbps each way when testing - link tests show numbers like 20 and 12 and 15 on the good links.  Looking at the Sessions list and Configuration tab, I see a field that says "Sustained Data Rate Cap (kbps)" and they all day 4000.  I have looked through every config page and tab, and can't find where this value is set.  Right next to it the correct QoS values are shown.

Anyone have any ideas?  These are running the only available software (14.1.1), and the 900 Mhz stuff is all unlimted (which they do show).

Thanks.

Aaron

1 Like

On the General Status page at the bottom it should show: Maximum Throughput: Unlimited.

On the Configuration -> QoS tab it should show: (Uplink + Downlink) Sustained Data Rate <= 130000 kbps

What do your radios display?

By the way release 14.1.2 is available already

As I said, the QoS settings are as wide open - ie. 65000 and 65000.  And that's what shows up in the Sessions page of the AP, but I've never seen this part before.  Check out the attached screenshot.

Where is 14.1.2?  I can only see 14.1.1 on both the regular and Partner downloads.  Or is it Beta?

Beta it is 

@acherman wrote:

As I said, the QoS settings are as wide open - ie. 65000 and 65000.  And that's what shows up in the Sessions page of the AP, but I've never seen this part before.  Check out the attached screenshot.

@OK, I now see what you're talking about and I do see the same thing that you're seeing on the Session Status -> Configuration tab where it says 'sustained data rate cap @ 4000kbps'. I believe that this is a UI bug... but it does not seem to be limiting my performance at all... I get about 34mbps of aggragate real world speeds using speedtest.net, or downloading torrents. I'm curious, when you do a link eval, are you getting around 4mbps? When you do a link eval, the licensing and QoS settings don't matter and it will show you the maximum throughput RF-wise the radio can do. If you're running a link eval and only getting around 4mbps, that would explain what's going on... and it's a coincidence that the radio shows the 4000kbps UI bug, and you're RF only supports around 4mbps.

So was there a fix to this? We seem to be only getting the 4Mb sustained rate on Subscribers that can burst to 15 or more, even though the subscriber sustained rates are set much higher.

What software version are you running?  There was an issue very early on that was fixed.

(You may notice that this discussion was from 2015).

It is on 14.1.1

Thanks

When possible, please upgrade the software to the latest R15.1.2, found here.

It should resolve this issue for you.