Anybody managed to max out a 450m ? What's your max throughput ?

Hi,

Thanks for adding more data plots.

Along with the Spatial Utilisation you could monitor the data available in the Statistics/Data VC page.

This shows the packets going to each VC, along with discards,errors and queue overflow. These last three could be used to identify a struggling VC.

We are happy to help diagnose things if you get a capture, where there might be a problem.

Also if you have ideas about additional stats that would be helpful to you then please let us know. There's lots of stuff we can monitor but getting it displayed/logged in the best way for customers obviously works best with your feedback rather than our engineers best guess (not a complete guess we have worked with beta customers to get where we are today!) as we don't run networks ourselves.

Best regards,

Andy.

1 Like

This is a graph showing throughput and Frame vs MU-MIMO Utilization.

It is from our test chamber, so has an optimal spacing of SMs.

It was captured quite a while ago I think we have improved the throughput since then (TCP should be >550Mbps without any issue).

If anyone is interested in a more up to date version let me know (along with what stats you would like to see).

Best Regards,

Andy.

2 Likes

Andy,

Assuming that test was only using a 20MHz channel?

Yes, 20MHz, I really should have mentioned that !

Yes, with the current release, we can repeatably demonstrate about 550 Mbps of downlink traffic.

Matt

Hi,

Here's some images of our experience over the last ~60 hours (timeframes are all reasonably synchronised):

Sector Utilisation via medussa OIDsClassic frame utilisationThroughput

5 Likes

Hi Lightnet_Barry,

That is an excellent set of graphs showing the relationship between the different utilization metrics (old & new) and throughput.

We can see that as the 'old' frame utilization goes >80% that the MU-MIMO kicks in. The new sector utilization metric still shows spare capacity only hitting around 60% as the throughput hits 141Mbps. Lovely.

If you would like a free T-Shirt for your efforts please contact Ray Savich and point him to this post !

In the meantime I shall give you a 'kudo'  :)

Thanks,

Andy.

What are the OID's you are grabing for the MU-MIMO information?

Graph from last night (132 subs, 20 MHz wide channel, 2.5ms frame size)

144.6 Mbps.png

2 Likes

Thanks dshea,

That's great.

The new best I think in terms of max DL.

lightnet_barry just needs one or two more netflix streams to take back the lead though :)

Andy.

1 Like

Hi jaggermifter,

This post describes the OID's we would like to look at.

monitoring utilization 450m

Look forward to your input !

Andy.

Awesome! Thanks

I don't really need to go to 40mhz channels in the winter as most of the customers in this area are cottages but! In a 10mhz channel with the new 5ms timing I'm seeing great throughput.

4 Likes

450m

103 VC

20 MHz channel

2.5 ms

Channel with interference of -78

capacity.JPG

valid.JPG

This is our best result (modulations, signals etc...)

3 Likes

Thanks Telemar,

That's great. What sort of demand are the users putting on the sector ? > 100Mbps peaks ?

Might want to check out why VC 123 seems to be struggling on it's sounding measurements (any obstructions/multipath etc.)

Andy.

At evening-night we see almost 100 mb demands. Not more (yet :D )

VC 123 have antenna moved by the wind i think because signal has become worse.

1 Like

We will have to start monitoring the new metrics like frUtlMedMumimoDownlinkSectorUtilization and report back.  Either way we have one doing just short of 200Mbps tonight.  AP is in a 30MHz channel.

bw.png

1 Like

I've never seen this high MU-MIMO Utilization (54%!!).

I have seen 10% max...

This is my grouping of the 280mb 450m posted before...

group.JPG

What's is the difference from me and jfalasci?

Hi Jfalaschi,

That's some really nice throughput. Biggest number so far, thank you.

Although maybe we should do this in a bits/Hz way to make it fair :)

Some really good grouping size numbers too.

I expect throughput can, and will, be able to get higher than that though.

Look forward to seeing some addidtion MU-MIMO Utilization metrics.

Telemar,

Those Stats are averaged over the last minute (or 5 or 15 you can choose at top of page).

Was your sector busy at the time ?

If you have one window open to watch these stats and another window open to keep pressing the 'link test to multiple VCs' you should see some bigger numbers.

Cheers,

Andy

Still working on our new grafana panels, but heres one of our 450m's this is on 20mhz, shows last 24hr and is showing frame/mimo/throughput, forgive the drops on the throughput graph we have some snmp issues atm.

The fact that frameutilization low is returning 100% vs totalmimosectorutilization showing 70% is confusing the heck out of me, and is gonna make writing a networkwide report that covers 450 and 450m:S

2 Likes

Hi GMMChance,

Those plots are looking really nice.Thanks.

You can see the new Utilization metrics can be more useful in tracking the throughput of the sector and it looks like you still have some headroom left.

I'm sorry it gets confusing tracking different metrics for different AP types though.

Best Regards,

Andy.