Anybody managed to max out a 450m ? What's your max throughput ?

Hi,

We had 3 AP 450m on field and we are not very impressed we are keeping up with 450i

Anyway, here some stats from one of them.

Schermata da 2018-02-21 15-16-31.png

Cheers!

Hi Usseglio Gaudi Francesco,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't seen much improvement.

If you could PM me with IP_ADDRESS/engineering.cgi and IP_ADDRESS/field_diags.cgi pages I'd be happy to have a look at what might be causing a problem.

The group size of 1 is concerning.

best regards,

Andy.

hi all, 

josh from jade comm in Colorado. we just deployed 3 450Ms and are SO IMPRESSED. 

all are in 20 mhz channels, 5.8 band, and 40+ subs. each AP, at busy time, is doing 50mbps throughput

2 Likes

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the pictures.

I'm glad 450m is working so well for you.

Looks like you've got plenty of room to add subscribers and/or bigger packages there !

Some really good MU-MIMO rates on the SM/VCs as well as the overall rate.

> 400Mbps is cool :)

(or whatever the hip phrase is now, 'sick' maybe, need to watch some more snowboarding at the Winter Olympics to catch up with the latest)

Thanks again,

Andy.

1 Like

We have high group size 1 high too on many 450m (40%-50% even 60%).

It's so bad? We have planned coverage with linkplanner

Hi Telemar,

You have some pictures from the Statistics Page, so these numbers are more a reflection of your current traffic.

So , no , I don't think you have a problem

My comment about 'group of 1' was based on the 'Link Test to Multiple VC' output in tools. Which should force data to all VCs and provide the best grouping possible. In this particular case I think the problem was due to not selecting 'Low Priority VCs only' in the options when running the test AND having a large number of High Priority VCs on the network. We are currently investigating this to make sure we understand though, so I will update later.

Thanks,

Andy.

1 Like

when we put a SM on the 450M, we change their bandwidth to 25 mbps or 50 mbps. do you think, given these numbers, we can push to 100 mbps packages to our subs?

Hi Josh,

You may want to start, if you don't already, monitoring radio stats to give you a handle on capacity before you move the packages up.

See earlier posts on this thread and

mumimostats

I'm NOT a WISP so I'm not sure I can offer definitive advice here, I don't know if the users are even pushing the packages they have already. Most of the time they won't be and you've probably got the capacity to handle it even if 4 or more users decide to download all series of 'Game of Thones' at the same time.

Then there is the matter of SLAs, are you guaranteeing the 25/50/100 mbps, 24/7, 100% of the time or an 'up to' figure.

From what you've shared so far the sector has plenty more to give than the current loading. So in theory, yes introducing 100 mbps subs gradually while monitoring seems fine but I'd welcome the input from any WISPs on the forum before going ahead !

best regards,

Andy.

20mhz channel, 125 customers, doing 125-150Mbps of traffic

2 Likes

@Michael Meluskey wrote:

20mhz channel, 125 customers, doing 125-150Mbps of traffic

Hi Michael,

Thank you, some nice numbers there.

With sector utilization only at 64% and with those good group size numbers (4 & 5) I expect it will go up to >200Mbps if needed.

best regards,

Andy.

Mike - Are any of those 125 subs using the 450b?  How are these performing for you?

of the 129 SM's (added 4 more today)

29 - 450

16 - 450i

84 - 450b

@CambiumMatt wrote:

Mike - Are any of those 125 subs using the 450b?  How are these performing for you?

3 Likes

Thanks Mike,

Nice to see all flavours of 450,450i,450b and 450m playing nicely together !

Andy.

New personal record:

450m

90 VC

20 MHz channel

2.5 ms

3 Likes

Today is less performance generally we have around 540 Mb/s :-)

30 Mhz channel with 36 client

3 Likes

Thanks for the updates,

If you are monitoring the peak throughput on the 450m with normal user traffic is the demand from users pushing you near to these numbers yet ?

best regards,

Andy.

users demand is around 150 mb/s in peak time I think we have room to put 100 cpes more with 100/5 mb/s service before to switch to 40mhz channel :-)

1 Like

@beppeorowrote:

users demand is around 150 mb/s in peak time I think we have room to put 100 cpes more with 100/5 mb/s service before to switch to 40mhz channel :-)

Thanks, I look forward to seeing the results with the extra cpes & 40MHz soon !

Andy.

We have always left the AP QOS at the default 155Mbps up and down.

With one 450m we were noticing data stopping at 150Mbps.

We then changed the QoS to 240Mbps down, 70Mbps up.

Data for the 120 customers went from 155Mbps to 180Mbps.

Lesson learned......and Cambium, 310Mbps is not enough total QoS capacity for 40Mbps channels.

2 Likes

@Michael Meluskeywrote:

Data for the 120 customers went from 155Mbps to 180Mbps.

Lesson learned......and Cambium, 310Mbps is not enough total QoS capacity for 40Mbps channels.

Thanks Michael,

Great datarate and interesting observation on the QoS cap. I'll look in to it, especially with UL MU-MIMO and other DL MU-MIMO improvements on the way.

best regards,

Andy.