Anybody managed to max out a 450m ? What's your max throughput ?

Here is a link test from one of our sectors. Best results so far.

2 Likes

Hi Jnolla,

That looks pretty good !

Could you let us know a few things for comparison like bandwidth, range and downlink percentage ?

Do you know why Rodriguez Jorge is only getting MIMO-A ?

Thanks for sharing this, great to see good results in the field.

best regards,

Andy.

Hi Andy,

We have 3 plans:

15/5

25/10

35/15

Range on the AP is set to 15 miles. All of the customers for this sector are within the 2 mile range. AP is set to 75% downlink.

I'm not entirely sure why Rodriguez Jorge is in MIMO-A on AP. The SM shows as below:

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the update, I agree SM end saying MIMO-B, but the Signal Strength ratio is 11dB V-H, so maybe there is an alignment issue causing the SM to switch between MIMO-A and MIMO-B. Worth keeping an eye on.

I was also interested in the bandwidth set on the radio, e.g. 20MHz, 30MHz or 40MHz ?

What group sizes were you getting in the linktest (the bit below your first screen shot) ?

Sorry for all the questions !

Nice to get feedback from the 'real world'.

best regards,

Andy.

Bandwidth is set to 40Mhz. Here is the group sizes.

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 8.10.58 PM.png

1 Like

Wow, that's pretty consistent group of 4 !

Thanks.

Andy.

Big shoutout to Cambium's Design services!! I've been working with Seth and we're delivering 100mbps packages....

This wasn't our best but I'm still winning :) 

I

4 Likes

So just so no one thinks i'm cheating in a lab- these are legit customers just awesome engineering from Seth with Cambium's design team...

4 Likes

Thanks Thomas,

Those are some great results !

best regards,

Andy.

Thomas,

Glad to see you are experiencing value add with our engineering services.  We are continuing to refine and add services to our portfolio.   We are happy to have partnered with you in your network buildout!

CCH

2 Likes

Link to some of the installation pictures.

1 Like

Hi,this is Felix from Lagos Nigeria

@Felixmatex wrote:
Hi,this is Felix from Lagos Nigeria

Hi Felix,

How can we help you ?

best regards,

Andy.

Hi,

Now 16.0 is officially released it may be time to see if there are any improvements seen.

We can also do UL MUMIMO in this release, so aggregate throughput should see a boost if you are anywhere near the limits of the system.

I've got a few tests from our 'perfect' system that forms groups of 7 most of the time.

This is 20MHz, 2.5ms frame, 85% DL, 1 mile and 2 contention slots (AES-256 enabled).

The link test to multiple LUIDs now allows a choice of Bi-directional, downlink only or uplink only.

I'll attach a picture of each in turn.

best regards,

Andy.

16-0-setup.png

3 Likes

The short range ideal conditions results in a 40 Mhz channel are cool, but I thought I would post what I consider to be some impressive performance for a real world rural WISP deployment in a challenging environment.

This 450M AP has 133 subs on it currently, some of which are as far out as 12.5 miles, and some of which have marginal at best signal levels.  

It is on a tower where we have a total of ten 450/450i/450M APs, and there are also multiple competitor towers within a few miles, as well as many of our own towers that are also within line of sight, so the spectrum is crowded to say the least.  We want to keep our 450M cluster in the high-power upper 5 Ghz band, so the best I could manage is a 30 Mhz wide channel

link_test.jpgMRTG.jpgslot_grouping.jpg

The short range ideal conditions results in a 40 Mhz channel are cool, but I thought I would post what I consider to be some impressive performance for a real world rural WISP deployment in a challenging environment.

This 450M AP has 133 subs on it currently, some of which are as far out as 12.5 miles, and some of which have marginal at best signal levels.  

It is on a tower where we have a total of ten 450/450i/450M APs, and there are also multiple competitor towers within a few miles, as well as many of our own towers that are also within line of sight, so the spectrum is crowded to say the least.  We want to keep our 450M cluster in the high-power upper 5 Ghz band, so the best I could manage is a 30 Mhz wide channel

link_test.jpgMRTG.jpgslot_grouping.jpg

4 Likes

What software are you running on this one?  Just wondering if R16.0 is already implemented.

No version 16 in the field yet.  We plan on waiting for the "ethernt tx stalled" fix which will hopefully come with 16.0.1.

Actually, that's great, since I think there may be further benefits to be had when Uplink MU-MIMO starts working in 16.0.1... 

Replaced a 450i with an omni (75 subs), maxing out at about 150mb/s in the evenings with 2 450m. I'd say this is pretty successful. Couple weird subs we have to look at but otherwise pretty impressed with the numbers.

This is a 40mhz channel on both. on 15.2.1 as 16 seems to still have some stuff to work thru. 

2 Likes