Canopy GUI Enhancer - Browser Extension

Hi guys,

I'm developing a Browser Extension for the Canopy radio series that adds some useful functions for troubleshooting.

I've tested this extension on PMP100 (13.4.1), PMP430 (13.4.1) and PMP450 (14.1.1)

Chrome: http://goo.gl/t2MszW

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/canopy-gui-enhancer/

Real time Throughput (as string):

Real time Throughput (as graph):

AP Evaluation Parsing

Added link distance in kilometres

MAC Address Lookup in the ARP page

2016-04-26_18-43-51.png

IP Lookup in the NAT Table Entries page

2016-04-26_18-44-12.png

Per-SM throughput, PPS, and data usage on the AP -> Statistics -> Throughput webpage

Any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated :)

80 Likes

This is great!  Really useful information.

You are the best!!!!!!!! 
In this way, the antenna does not use the CPU, but will be the browser to do the calculation. A small donation is a must for you!

PS: e poi tutto questo da un collega italiano ;)

Guido - Technician

1 Like

Hi there

Just wanted to throw in my support for this extension, it's very useful and taking what the Canopy units give us and displaying it in a tangible manner.

I am especially liking the AP throughput page parsing, we track the APs throughput but not individual customers throughput - this makes it really handy at a glance to get tangible information on who is using what on the AP.

I'll have a play and report any issues/quirks I encounter!

Very impressive!

It would be nice if we didn't need to turn on auto upgrade on the SM/ap and the extension just refreshed the page since we tend to leave it off but very impressive still!

Tim

Thank you!!!  This is nice to see.  A couple requests from the guys in our NOC. 

First, can you also make a Firefox Extension for this tool?

Next, can you also add the Per-SM throughput, PPS, and data usage on the AP -> Statistics -> Data VC statistics tab?

Last, we often have NAT off, so could you add the Mac Address vendor lookup to the Bridging Table?

Thanks again!!

This doesn't seem to work using OFDM 900MHz running 14.1.1 on either AP or SM.  The beta 14.1.2 Build 14 in 5Ghz DOES work.

Perhaps Cambium could donate a OFDM 900MHz starter kit to him so he can get that working?  :-)

Distance in kilometers is very useful and the AP Throughput webpage too!

Maybe for Cambium support this extension can be helpful to improve the layout of some pages.

Grazie!

1 Like

@FVI wrote:

Thank you!!!  This is nice to see.  A couple requests from the guys in our NOC. 

First, can you also make a Firefox Extension for this tool?

Next, can you also add the Per-SM throughput, PPS, and data usage on the AP -> Statistics -> Data VC statistics tab?

Last, we often have NAT off, so could you add the Mac Address vendor lookup to the Bridging Table?

Thanks again!!

1) I've never developed anything for Firefox, maybe I'll take a look at the SDK

2) I'll take a look, but this table will become larger than page (on 1920x1080)!

3) Yep, no problem for this feature

Edit:

For PMP/PTP 900Mhz: I don't have this type of device here

1 Like

@Telemar wrote:

this extension can be helpful to improve the layout of some pages.

Grazie!

It's been brought up before, but on the Home > General Status page that first comes up after logging into an AP has too much engeering friendly data that means little to us operators.  We are obviously used to seeing it this way by now, but it would be nice if we didn't have to skim through the things we never take into account on a daily basis.

If this page could be reworked, that would be helpful also.

We really don't need to see:

Board Type

Board MSN

FPGA Version

PLD Version

Regional Code

Regulatory

Since our timing settings are the same across our network, we also don't need to see:

Cyclic Prefix

Frame Period

Max Range

@Cyb3r wrote:

2) I'll take a look, but this table will become larger than page (on 1920x1080)!

Needing to use a scroll bar or Zoom out of the page to fit it all is a good trade off to have that data.

Thanks!

Oh man, this is fantastic! I might have to switch to Chrome!

Can you tell me if it's working now on PMP 900Mhz (extension version 1.7)?

2 Likes

Hi!  Yes, 900MHz OFDM is working now.  As well as the mac lookup in the bridging table.  Thanks!

What do you think about re-working the home page I mentioned earlier?

This looks great! I might have to install Chrome to check this out. I put my vote in for a Firefox extension.

Very nifty.

As an FYI, this also works just fine in Opera as well.  (For those that want to download ext from Chrome store and not getting a "add extension button", use this extension in Opera:  https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/download-chrome-extension-9/)

I sure apprecaite you taking the time to develop this!  It, unfortunately, doesn't appear to work with the ePMP units on 2.6.1.

@67firebird455 wrote:

I sure apprecaite you taking the time to develop this!  It, unfortunately, doesn't appear to work with the ePMP units on 2.6.1.

Hi, 

For ePMP, you may want to follow this thread: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-1000/Real-Time-Throughput-amp-Packet-info-for-ePMP/td-p/53178

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

This almost makes me want to use Chrome again. Get that baby to Firefox :)

@FVI wrote:

What do you think about re-working the home page I mentioned earlier?

Yep It could be a good idea, there are much information that I don't use either