Go Massive

Hi Everyone,

Check out our blog on the next generation of network technology here.

And please post your comments here.

Thanks,

Alex

2 Likes

Is beamforming available only on PMP 450? 

Here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMgwYudL_I0

You talked about beamforming on ePMP 2000. When will you give us some information :-P ?

@giuseppe4 wrote:

Is beamforming available only on PMP 450? 

You talked about beamforming on ePMP 2000. When will you give us some information :-P ?

From what I understand... beamforming/beamstearing will be available as on optional 'active' antenna accessory to be used with the new ePMP 2000 AP. MU-MIMO will not be available with ePMP 2000 however.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing more photos and info on the new 450m 'medusa' platform! Any idea of what sort of gain the individual 'beams' are capable of?

1 Like

Quoting myself from 10 months ago:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Other-PMP-Solutions/Cambium-needs-LTE/m-p/41198#M28847

"I bet Cambium could do Canopy 4x4 MIMO (maybe even beam steering?) that is backwards compatible with existing 2x2 MIMO PMP450 SMs. Maybe that's the next logical step after the PMP450i."

Whoda thunk it. Kudos to Cambium. Now shut up and take my (boss') money.

5 Likes

Will cnMedusa be required for gomassive?

@hci wrote:

Will cnMedusa be required for gomassive?

I believe cnMedusa or 'Medusa' is the project/code name for 450m, and 'gomassive' is the marketing campaign title for the release of 450m.

2 Likes

cnMedusa is Cambium Networks' leading edge technology that will provide Massive Multi-User MIMO multipoint architecture on its products.

The first product that will utilize this technology is part of the 450 platform of products, called the 450m.

Eric's got it right... "Go Massive" is what we're calling the marketing campaign surrounding this huge leap forward.  Stay tuned to the Go Massive site for additional information, and feel free to keep posting questions and discussion here.  We'll answer what we can (not everything will be public information just yet, but we'll release new information as we get closer to launch!)

So, remember, GO MASSIVE with Cambium Networks!

2 Likes

@George Skorup wrote:

Quoting myself from 10 months ago:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Other-PMP-Solutions/Cambium-needs-LTE/m-p/41198#M28847

"I bet Cambium could do Canopy 4x4 MIMO (maybe even beam steering?) that is backwards compatible with existing 2x2 MIMO PMP450 SMs. Maybe that's the next logical step after the PMP450i."

Whoda thunk it. Kudos to Cambium. Now shut up and take my (boss') money.

well i could be wrong, but i'm gonna guess they might skip 4x4....   everything i've found googling around for massive mimo seems to be 8x8 or better... i mean i could really be dreaming here, but wouldn't that just be great! :)   

4x4 is pretty great too, but might as well dream massive until its here ;)   i

3 Likes

450m question:

What frequency band/bands are anticipated initially?

j

@newkirk wrote:

450m question:

What frequency band/bands are anticipated initially?

j

5GHz.

3 Likes

For all of you who'd like more information on cnMedusa/PMP450m... check out Matt Mangriotis's Webinar, he has some great nuggets of information near the end of the webinar.

3 Likes

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

For all of you who'd like more information on cnMedusa/PMP450m... check out Matt Mangriotis's Webinar, he has some great nuggets of information near the end of the webinar.

holly crap you weren't kidding. 

will we see this in 2.4 and 900 down the road as well ???  

1 Like

@Chris_Bay wrote:

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

holly crap you weren't kidding. 

will we see this in 2.4 and 900 down the road as well ???  

Hmmm.... not likely... at least not for a long time... I'm guessing there might be a 3.XGHz PMP450m after 5GHz.

3 Likes

He had said in the webinar that a 3ghz model will be ready in 2017

3 Likes

On Matt's webinar @ 41:48 he mentions Build 13 being available.  I only see build 10 available.

1 Like

B13 is probably the last beta before the 14.1.2 release coming up here any day now. Unless you're having some very very specific issues related to having dropped sessions under heavily loaded PtP links... there's very little difference between B10 and B13.

1 Like

Yes, sorry about this.  We were slated to update the beta to Build 13, but found one remaining open issue that we want to track down before releasing.  As Eric says, it's nearly the same as Build 10, and we're very close to getting this thing to Build Official.

1 Like

Massive MIMO is 4x4 or 8x8 ? 

@doush wrote:

Massive MIMO is 4x4 or 8x8 ? 

they haven't said anything on the details regarding the exact mimo configuration, or at least i haven't seen it. but if you listen to the webcast about it, a few key things are said.  most impressive is " beyond gigabit per sector capacity"   

2 Likes