Hardware workarounds

What works for you? When you do installs, what workarounds are you using? What tricks do you use to make equipment work better or easier to work with? Share your best practices with other operators.

Post at least one thing other installers can learn from (with video and/or photos, if you have them) to this thread. The 15 posts with the most kudos by August 15 will receive a Cambium shirt and cap!

This is one of a mount we had constructed which allows us to sit on a customers roof, there is a lip in the back that catches the peak, with a dish and let it sit and modulate so we can ensure the signal will work with a dish, we have had our fair share of "adding a dish" making the signal unusable. So before we mount on iffy locations we use this to be sure. Has worked well thus far :) 

1 Like

With this I took 2 j-arms and two long U-bolts I Put the jarm bracket against the ladder on the outside and put on the u-bolts and fed the pipe part of the j-arm only into the ubolts that way I could move it around if needed and between the two poles and ladder sandwhiched between it made it very very stable, This was used to "war drive"  our tower in some rural areas where we can drive slow and record data and stop to hone in the dish if needed. I was impressed with how tolerent these units were with catching a signal. 

1 Like

@jeidson wrote:

This is one of a mount we had constructed which allows us to sit on a customers roof, there is a lip in the back that catches the peak, with a dish and let it sit and modulate so we can ensure the signal will work with a dish, we have had our fair share of "adding a dish" making the signal unusable. So before we mount on iffy locations we use this to be sure. Has worked well thus far :) 

This is a great way to prevent frustration during an install! Thank you for sharing. It looks like all the equipment to make it would be pretty easy to find, too.

@jeidson wrote:

With this I took 2 j-arms and two long U-bolts I Put the jarm bracket against the ladder on the outside and put on the u-bolts and fed the pipe part of the j-arm only into the ubolts that way I could move it around if needed and between the two poles and ladder sandwhiched between it made it very very stable, This was used to "war drive"  our tower in some rural areas where we can drive slow and record data and stop to hone in the dish if needed. I was impressed with how tolerent these units were with catching a signal. 

This is a really clever way of recording your signal data on the move! How easy is it to put on and take off?

Congratulations Jeidson! Please send your shipping address to solutions@cambiumnetworks.com and include your shirt size to receive your shirt and hat.

Thank you for your posts, and feel free to continue sharing.

Kindly,

Julia

Can you confirm you got my information for this? 

Hi Jeidson,

The shirt and hat are on their way! Sorry for the delay.

Kindly,

Julia