PMP 450 application

hello,

there's a PMP 450 connectorized model that have been retired on link planner.so i can't run for demonstration. and the 450 SM has 3 difference kind that are 4Mbps, 10Mbps, 20Mbps throughput.therefore i don't understand clearly that throughput is about link throuput or the SM throughput ? and the application of each SM and combo of those devices.?

so any one please help me to understand this.

"4Mbps / 10Mbps / 20Mbps / Uncapped" were all licensing features that all applied to the same hardware.

In effect based on the tier purchased the radios limit the amount of throughput that you can allocate to the SM in the QoS settings. They don't limit the RF in any way.

So if the SM is capable of achieving 100Mbps down and 20Mbps up over the RF, but you have a 4Mbps SM, you will have to limit the downlink and the uplink to something like 3Mbps down and 1Mbps up. (3 + 1 = 4). (The combination of downlink and uplink cannot exceed 4Mbps.)

From what I can tell LINKPlanner in its calculation doesn't concern itself with any license limits that the SMs may have. It reports rather the RF limitations.

It does have a place where you can designate the speed tier(4/10/20/uncapped), but I believe that is only in case you want to design a network and then export the BOM to place an order.

Also it is worth noting that the tier licensing that we are talking about here is the old system. All of the newer style SMs (PMP450i / PMP450b mid gain / PMP450b high gain) come completely uncapped.

I may have misunderstood your question. Please let me know if this is not were you looking for.

2 Likes