PMP-450 v13 to v14 jump

Hi folks,

I'm looking at bringing a cluster up to the latest stable version (that works with QoS) to support 30 MHz channel. The APs currently run 13.2.1.3. I'd like to load 14.2.1.

I'm an old school guy so I'm used to how PMP-100s have a bunch of stepped upgrades. Is there any similar requirement for this jump on PMP-450? I gave a look through the user guide and release notes but can't find anything.

Thanks

You are good to go straight from 13.2 to 14.2, even to 15.0.3 (which is what we'd recommend at this time).

Just make sure you're using the latest version of CNUT, and you shouldn't have any issues.

@salad wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm looking at bringing a cluster up to the latest stable version (that works with QoS) to support 30 MHz channel.

I think Matt forgot to mention that 30MHz channel support isn't going to be available until 15.1 is released for DFS/LBT bands... which is now being baked to perfection and almost out of the oven. So you might want to just wait until 15.1 is released or else you'll have to do multiple updates within a short time period.

1 Like

Excellent. I will be holding off until 15.1 as we require the HP channel to work with DSCP.

Good point Eric! I should have mentioned that this gear is 5.8 GHz.

Thanks guys!

Yep holding off is best, and the fact no need for staged makes life so much easier.

Hope 15.1 is soon, haven't seen anything about it on the beta forums :( Did cambium stop doing betas and not tell any of the testers? 

@CSSup wrote:

Yep holding off is best, and the fact no need for staged makes life so much easier.

Hope 15.1 is soon, haven't seen anything about it on the beta forums :( Did cambium stop doing betas and not tell any of the testers? 

They couldn't do normal releases of 15.1 beta because they were waiting on FCC certification for 30/40MHz. Now that it's been certified, and some behind the scenes bugs are being worked out, we should see a public beta soon.

Ahhhhhhh that makes sense didn’t take into account FCC timing in the beta availability well will hope betas will start soon have an entire 3.5 450i network waiting on it hehe