PMP 450i 900 MHz Field Results webinar replay

The replay of today's PMP 450i 900 MHz Field Results webinar is HERE. Please post your questions and comments to this thread.

PMP 450i 900 MHz Field Results.jpg

4 Likes

Matt mentioned dual slant flat panel antennas for the SMs. Do you have any recommened model and vendor? Also what kind of connector on the RF cables?

I don't know of any on the market quite yet, but several antenna manufacturers have expressed interest in producing one.  I would encourage you to reach out to nudge them along...

The SM itself has RPSMA connectors, as pictured here: PMP450i_SM_HERO_v2_sm.png

1 Like

Wondering... If Aristole.net hooked up the customer with a -88, and he had 10 other customers on the AP with better signals, would the one customer with a -88 effect those other customers?

With the current gear we currently have in the air, we could never get away with adding a customer with such a bad signal. 

1 Like

Good question, and as with many things, the answer is "it depends".

I will let Dustin answer for his own network, but there are many factors that will determine the impact.

There are many ways to configure the rate settings to avoid impact to other customers.  You can configure CIR for customers that you want to elevate in priority, or set QoS to prioritize specific traffic types to limit impact to VoIP or other traffic.

1 Like

@ash1 wrote:

Matt mentioned dual slant flat panel antennas for the SMs. Do you have any recommened model and vendor? Also what kind of connector on the RF cables?

We were talking about flat panel antennas for 900MHz in another thread... check out this post for some ideas.

1 Like

@ElbowWilham

We only had two SMs for the beta test so we never deployed any customers. Now with my experience from the PMP450 3.65, those at weaker signal strengths do not affect the other customers.

Now if it were PMP320 that's a different story. We don't talk about 320 here though... :P

1 Like

Thank you Matt

I am trying to access this webinar, and it won't play the recording, is there another link I can try? 

Just click the "HERE" hyper link in the OP it will take you to the youtube page for that old webinar. Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW2bcm0Rb9w&t=1s is the link for it.