PMP 450i Ap & PMP 450 Ap

Are the two LPU necessary on PMP 450AP  and 450i AP deployments or is the top one not necessary because of the redesign of the 450i AP? This type of installation takes me back to the PTP Orthogon and Motorola setup.

@Kdrama wrote:

Are the two LPU necessary on PMP 450AP  and 450i AP deployments or is the top one not necessary because of the redesign of the 450i AP? This type of installation takes me back to the PTP Orthogon and Motorola setup.

Hello,

These are the recommended LPU locations.  

The more LPUs you use, the lower the risk that destructive energy will inter your communications hut and damage your high dollar equipment.

Best,

Cambium Jonathan

Hi

I am doing the installation of ptp450i, but it does not work with LPU WB2907B and work fine without it.

regards,

Alex

I have been having issues with the Cambium LPUs since day one. They do not like to negotiate at 1000 and with two almost won't negotiate at all. Remove them and they work well for paper weights.  I have asked for support on them and I had never gotten a fix or any suggestions.

Alex - With regards to your issue, we know that the WB2907B will NOT work with the 450i platform of products... there were design changes between that version and the currently shipping version of the LPU that enable its use with the current product line.

It's highly recommended that you use the C000065L007B.

Sean - As it might be a different issue for you.. let's see what we can do to help you out with your issues surrounding the surge suppression units you're trying to use with the equipment.  Do you have tickets open for this currently?  If so, can you email or pm me?

Is C000065L007B  still the recommended LPU/Ground kit for 450i PMP AP ? Is it required at top and bottom or does the 450i AP have it built in like some of the PTP gear ?

The LPU (C000065L007B) is still recommended as the premier surge suppression equipment available. See this thread for a handy comparison to the C000000L033A, which is lower cost. Yes, the best practice is still to have one at the top (near the radio), and one at building ingress.