PMP 450i

When making any configuration, the link takes more than 5 minutes to reset. What could be the possible causes, I would be very grateful to be able to support me.

Thanks. I have forwarded this to our support and product teams. You should hear from them here soon.

Ray

1 Like

Make sure you have only the frequency needed and channel bandwidth needed in the SM to speed up the registration process. Having multiple selections causes that SM to scan all of those selected frequencies at each selected channel bandwidth.

3 Likes

@acherman wrote:
Make sure you have only the frequency needed and channel bandwidth needed in the SM to speed up the registration process. Having multiple selections causes that SM to scan all of those selected frequencies at each selected channel bandwidth.

This is exactly right. To reduce scan time, it helps to restrict the number of channel bandwidths and frequencies the SM has to scan. However, I have come across many customers who prefer to enable them all just in case :)

1 Like

Thanks for your comments. I will await the most specific response from the Cambium Networks team.

Thanks for replying, I will try to set the frequency that is currently working, and I will deactivate the other frequencies when scanning.

@Jose Perez wrote:

Thanks for replying, I will try to set the frequency that is currently working, and I will deactivate the other frequencies when scanning.

Please use caution with this because you may forget that you did this a few months down the line! Then when you change the APs frequency, the SM will never register! Perhaps you may want to enable a few frequencies OR all frequencies on one channel bandwidth instead of a single frequency?

I hope most people check their SM’s before making changes like this.

Sorry, my knowledge in cambium radios are just basic, I disregard many terms or abbreviations.

What do they mean by SM?

No worries, we’re here to help. SM is the Subscriber Module, the radio placed at the customer location that talks backbtobthe Access point. Before we make any major changes like changing frequencies or channel bandwidths, we always double check each subscriber radio to make sure none are left behind.