PMP450b higher gain

When is the higher gain version of the pmp450b coming out or will there be one?

Yes, the 450b High Gain product is scheduled for launch before the end of Q1, 2018.

1 Like

Hi Matt,

When will it be added to LinkPlanner?

We expect this in the "end of February" release of LINKPlanner.

Thanks.

1 Like

Here is a picture of a couple of units just before they went outside (in the cold!) for field testing...

2 Likes

Do you have a more specific timeframe for release? 450d is now discontinued (and expensive.. and capped.. and......)

Stay tuned... formal announcement next week!

Oh, did I just say that out loud? Oops. :)

5 Likes

Hurray!

Any update?

Regards

I admit I do not like the cable flange.  There a pain to work with new then after a few years of age they seize etc. Snap on traditional canopy covers always worked fine.

They are now available to order from your reseller... 

The design is necessary in order to achieve IP 67 protection. They are completely plastic devices, so should not sieze, but understand the concerns.

1 Like

Matt, you talk about launch and available to order.

When will these actually be in stock at resellers?  Pre-orders don't count, that's like wishing on a star.

1 Like

We ordered a batch from Winncom and we're being told they'll be delivered to our door early next week... so second week of April.

Yeah, demand outstripped supply once again on the new product... so we have some catching up to do.  Rest assured, we are working hard to do just that.  Things are shipping now, and we'll be continuing to catch up throughout April.

If any one has them in stock, please ping me ASAP. I need to place order for a 4 pack for a POC.

Thank you!

Jorge

@CambiumMatt wrote:

They are now available to order from your reseller... 

The design is necessary in order to achieve IP 67 protection. They are completely plastic devices, so should not sieze, but understand the concerns.

Our installers HATE the cable flange.  More pieces to drop, pain to get on and off.  Cable twists when you tighten it.

Thanks for the feedback. We are using this same gland/flange on the cnPilot outdoor devices.  Do you have any experience with those, and do they have the same critical view?

I am curious about the comment that the cable twists when you tighten.  Does this happen also with 450i flanges (i.e. the metal ones), or only these?

Are there any plans for an even higher gain 450b or a connectorized?

@Arakasi wrote:

Are there any plans for an even higher gain 450b or a connectorized?

Nope... but you can always buy the 450i connectorized. There's supposedly a 450b 3GHz model in the works.

Hello. I am awaiting the arrival of the 450b high gain to see what all the hype is about. Will the 450b high gain work with previous firmware versions or will I need to update? My current 450APs are on 15.0.2 and up.

Thanks in advanced