PMP450d vs PMP450b High Gain

Has anyone compared the new high gain PMP450b vs the PMP450d SM?  We seem to be seeing a few less db on uplink and downlink and a bit poorer link tests.  Has anyone else compared?

We certainly tested this, and see performance very close, typically the 450b is about 1 dB lower RSL than when using 450d.

While the total gain is very slightly less, the positives of the easier and more robust mechanical assembly, new processor, wide band support, gigabit ethernet, etc. far outweigh this.

Note that the 450d product is now EOL, and new orders are no longer being taken for this device.

We need a connectorized version of the 450B ASAP.. 

1 Like

I agree with ginovilla, a connectorised PMP450b option would be ideal especially now with the PMP450 Integrated units (with Reflector Dish) going EOL at the end of this year.

Having the newer features of the PMP450b model but with possibility of maximum gain would be very useful, that extra dB or so can make a difference (especially when running connections at distance as we often do).

2 Likes

While I know it's not the most cost conscious option, you could use the 450i connectorized radio for these links. That being said, we avoid using any connectorized radios for 5GHz, and instead use 3.65GHz for longer links due to the much higher EIRP and low noise floor.

1 Like

A connectorized 450b is certainly under consideration... though I have no commitment yet to complete this project.  We are evaluating the options and opportunity costs of engaging in this development.

As Eric points out, though, we do have the connectorized 450i available right now for those really tough situations.  Yes, it's more costly, but can fill this gap until we have 450b connectorized available.

I would be interested in a connectorized 450b, or an even higher gain if possible

2 Likes