PMP450i 900 MHz Polarity

On the AP is the A connection going to + or - 45 (and then the B would be the other)?

On the SM (if looking from the serial number side) which connector goes to which external antenna connection?

Or does it matter?

The radio system will work in either configuration.  That said, it's better to get it right, as the software will report incorrect polarities if they are connected backwards... for reference, this thread had the same question.

To make it easy, I put the answer below too:

900_polarities.jpg

Thanks, that aswered it and one other question.

Is it safe to program the SM's without any external antenna connected (that is no external load)?

@Dave Bradich wrote:

Thanks, that aswered it and one other question.

Is it safe to program the SM's without any external antenna connected (that is no external load)?

Assuming that they're not registered to an AP, and transmitting... yes, it's OK to program them with no antenna attached.

So path A is veritical or horizontal?  Just using this for reference as I'm using KP's Flat Panel Antennas instead of Yagi's.

The 900MHz radio is a dual slant device.  The polarities are + and - 45 degrees.  This provides some isolation against either vertical or horizontal systems that are out there in the field.

We have some APs that are H/V and the SMs are slant. Works fine.

So in lamens terms path A is vertical meaning (-) and + meaning horizontal?  As I got a bunch of KP Performance antennas and they mark (-) and (+) as there ports.