PMP450x Release 15.1.1 is now available

PMP450x release 15.1.1 is now available at: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files

1 Like

Finally!!!

Thank you!

Problem: again the problem of High Priority Channel .

Installed the stable 15.1.1 in AP only. When customers saturated download, the voice it's fragmented.
In AP, Statistics, Data VC, COS 01 it's populated but not prioritized.

This is a "old" bug in 14.2.X until 15.0. This problem had been resolved in 15.1:

450/450i/450m CPY-13103 Fix for High Priority traffic throughput dropping when offered load is higher than MIR.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-450/15-0-X-Cambium-450-QoS-Changes-Getting-dropped-high-priority/m-p/70470#M4405

I see that problem was also with 15.1.1 Beta 5. It's  very important fix it!

EDIT: 
it's possible that problem never fix it in AP Medusa? i tested now only customers with medusa

EDIT2: 

PMP 450 15.1
AP Medusa 15.1.1

= problem with the voice with download very used

PMP 450 15.1.1

AP Medusa 15.1.1

= problem with the voice with download very used

no problem with upload.

Turn up the volume. IN THIS VIDEO, A CONNECTION WITH 6 MB MAX IN DOWNLOAD WITH AP CAMBIUM 15.1.1 AND WHEN CUSTOMER SATURATES THE DOWNLOAD....VOIP TURN INTO ROBOTIC!  Priority traffic is no longer prioritized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmMdwTBaQA

This is being investigated, stay tuned.

1 Like

Any update on this yet? I'd rather not upgrade to 15.1.1 if we're going to see VoIP quality issues.

ETA: is this 450m only?

Agreed - any update on priority issue? We are holding back going to 15.1.1 due to this.

We have been working with Tuvix, and as yet have been unable to reproduce the issue.

We have tested QoS with our setups internally and have shown everything to be working properly.  We believe that this is not an issue, and would welcome verification from the community members as well.

Hi George and Nick. have you also tried version 15.1.1? Have you had problems with VOIP with small internet bands in saturation? And you Telemar? Let us know that every feedback is important! :)

Thanks Guys - we'll give 15.1.1 a go at the earliest convenience and will report back!

Any idea when the next LinkPlanner update will be released that will reflect this firmware update for the 450m and 450i?

Regarding packets being punted to the HP VC - is the threshold no longer CoS of 4? For the longest time, CoS 0-3 were standard VC, and 4-7 were high priority VC. Unless that's changed, packets classified into CoS 1 should stay in the low-priority queue.

Yes. You are right.

Packets with CoS values between 0 and 3 are sent on Low Priority VC.

Packets with CoS values between 4 and 7are sent on HIgh Priority VC.

Are you seeing a behavior different than the above?

If so, can you give us more details?

Thanks,

Balaji

1 Like

Hi Balaji Grandhi, news for a new BETA?

Our issue of voice in download with AP Medusa 15.1.1 continues (Cos 01 populated in DATAVC and seems not really prioritized or works in all the situations) but there is already an open ticket that is following from my colleague.

wait...

we have had many voip problems on 15.1.1.   we moved our wholse system back to 15.1 and the problem went away.

the problem is: voip calls are breaking up.

1 Like