PMP450x Release 15.1.3 is now available

PMP450x Release 15.1.3 is now available and can be downloaded at:  https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/pmp450/

2 Likes

When will this be available in cnMaestro? There's only the beta right now.

It's available now, I am upgrading mine already 

Yep, I see it in cnMaestro now... over the last 24 hours using both CNUT and cnMaestro we've updated over 1000 radios (AP's, SM's, and PtP links) to 15.1.3 and have had ZERO issues! Thanks Cambium for thoroughly testing the firmware before it's released!

5 Likes

Saw an issue today with this release...

Loaded new release on a 450AP with 18 Subs.  About half the subs are still 430 SM's that have not been swapped out yet.  The other group are newer 450 SM's.  Some of the 430 SM's registered just fine. However the majority of the 430s failed to register back. All 450 SM's registered normally.  A downgrade back to 15.1.2 fixed the issue.

Is this a know issue or did I just overlook it in the release notes?

Are the 430 SMs also on 15.1.3?  It is always recommended that AP and SM be the same software release.  

One approach to this could be to upgrade the SM to 15.1.3 first, then complete the AP upgrade after.

1 Like

Internetcom-  We would like to get more information about the experience you had with the PMP 430s'.  Could you contact support with ticket 142851 and our support team can put you in contact with me.

https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/support/contact-support/

Thanks,

Dave

I've attempted to enable SM Auto Update to 15.1.3 on a 450m and each time as it begins transferring the file it causes the AP to immediatly reboot. Any suggestions?

Hauser South 2 Medusa - General Status [admin]

PMP 450m
Software Version :
CANOPY 15.1.1 AP-DES
Bootloader Version :
BOOTLOADER 15.0.1/79 2016-11-07 09:40:47 -0600
Board MSN :
M9SL0LS43JN2
Board Model :
C050045A102A
FPGA Version :
060f75

mhughes, That sounds a lot like an issue I fixed in 15.1.3 Do you have the option to upgrade the 450m first? Are you using the AP as the file server? If not, can you try that? If none of the above helps, please capture field diags (go to ip_address_of_450m/field_diags.cgi and click download) and pm the file to me Thanks

I was using the AP as the file server.  I will go ahead and update the 450m AP tomorrow morning then try the auto sm update again.

Thanks.

Upgraded the PMP450m AP and all users.  Now getting lots of calls.
SM's set for NAT and PPPoE login.  Not working.

I see this is in the SM logs

16186 -- dlayton.cnpy - PPPoE Session Log [admin]
02/06/2018 : 10:16:26 PDT : 01 01 00 00 01 02 00 08 48 61 75 73 65 72 20 34
02/06/2018 : 10:16:26 PDT : Empty tag value found for tag 0x101

Where does this "SPOILER" subject come from?

I thought you were putting that in there to protect sensitive information (such as MAC / Serial numbers)... it may be that the community software we use is doing that for you when you paste screen shots with potentially sensitive information.

I will inquire of engineering on the issue you have posted to see if anyone has seen anything similar or can reproduce.

Can you please send me the CNUT capture logs from few of the problematic SMs?

Please email it to balaji.grandhi@cambiumnetworks.com

Downgrading to 15.1.2.1 fixes it.

Getting flooded with calls.  No choice but to downgrade all 72 users to 15.1.2.1

Same issue here, 2 pmp450m ap and about 200 SM, all customer with pppoe enabled doesn't work....downgradated all the SM to 15.1.2 and now all ok

Is anyone looking into this PPoE problem?

Hi, we have identified the PPPoE issue and it was introduced in 15.1.3 while fixing a different problem.  We have a fix and it will be in 15.1.4 which I expect will be availble in the next couple of weeks.  If you are interested in a beta test load, let me know.

The issue is when leaving the Service Name or Access Concentrator fields blank.  If you fill those in to match what is on the server, the problem should not arise.  However, we realize that can be a standard config to leave those blank and accept what the server offers.

Thank you for reporting the issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

@internetcom wrote:

Saw an issue today with this release...

Loaded new release on a 450AP with 18 Subs.  About half the subs are still 430 SM's that have not been swapped out yet.  The other group are newer 450 SM's.  Some of the 430 SM's registered just fine. However the majority of the 430s failed to register back. All 450 SM's registered normally.  A downgrade back to 15.1.2 fixed the issue.

Is this a know issue or did I just overlook it in the release notes?

internetcom,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have found the root cause to the PMP 430 registration issue. When a PMP 430 SM was first upgraded to any release between 15.1 and 15.1.3, upon first boot to this release, the SM creates and stores its default certificates for RADIUS. There was a bug in how this was done that was causing flash not to be read correctly upon boot-up. Again, this only happens on the first boot to any release 15.1 - 15.1.3. A work around is to manually power cycle the 430. The second boot to these releases, the SM already has its certificates generated and initializes properly.

I fully acknowledge that there's no way to manually reboot a SM that isn't connected ton an AP that is at a customer's site, so this is an unfortunate bug. However at least a truck roll is not necessary if the customer can power cycle the SM. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This has been fixed in 15.1.4 (and 15.2), so that 430 SMs can directly upgrade from 14.1.2 to 15.1.4 and beyond with no issues.

Enjoy your day,
Charlie

1 Like