PMP450x Release 15.1.3 is now available

Can you please send me the CNUT capture logs from few of the problematic SMs?

Please email it to balaji.grandhi@cambiumnetworks.com

Downgrading to 15.1.2.1 fixes it.

Getting flooded with calls.  No choice but to downgrade all 72 users to 15.1.2.1

Same issue here, 2 pmp450m ap and about 200 SM, all customer with pppoe enabled doesn't work....downgradated all the SM to 15.1.2 and now all ok

Is anyone looking into this PPoE problem?

Hi, we have identified the PPPoE issue and it was introduced in 15.1.3 while fixing a different problem.  We have a fix and it will be in 15.1.4 which I expect will be availble in the next couple of weeks.  If you are interested in a beta test load, let me know.

The issue is when leaving the Service Name or Access Concentrator fields blank.  If you fill those in to match what is on the server, the problem should not arise.  However, we realize that can be a standard config to leave those blank and accept what the server offers.

Thank you for reporting the issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

@internetcom wrote:

Saw an issue today with this release...

Loaded new release on a 450AP with 18 Subs.  About half the subs are still 430 SM's that have not been swapped out yet.  The other group are newer 450 SM's.  Some of the 430 SM's registered just fine. However the majority of the 430s failed to register back. All 450 SM's registered normally.  A downgrade back to 15.1.2 fixed the issue.

Is this a know issue or did I just overlook it in the release notes?

internetcom,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have found the root cause to the PMP 430 registration issue. When a PMP 430 SM was first upgraded to any release between 15.1 and 15.1.3, upon first boot to this release, the SM creates and stores its default certificates for RADIUS. There was a bug in how this was done that was causing flash not to be read correctly upon boot-up. Again, this only happens on the first boot to any release 15.1 - 15.1.3. A work around is to manually power cycle the 430. The second boot to these releases, the SM already has its certificates generated and initializes properly.

I fully acknowledge that there's no way to manually reboot a SM that isn't connected ton an AP that is at a customer's site, so this is an unfortunate bug. However at least a truck roll is not necessary if the customer can power cycle the SM. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This has been fixed in 15.1.4 (and 15.2), so that 430 SMs can directly upgrade from 14.1.2 to 15.1.4 and beyond with no issues.

Enjoy your day,
Charlie

1 Like

Will I see this issue on 430 SM's even if we are not using RADIUS?

I seem to be running into multiple issues trying to get my 430's off of 450i AP's up to 15.1.3 using CNUT. I've tried going from 15.0.0.1 to 15.1.3 and some SM's will not come back online or will be stuck in contiunuous reboot cycle. Now I'm trying to just get a 430 up to to 15.1.1 and have the same problem.

@jw1wrote:

Will I see this issue on 430 SM's even if we are not using RADIUS?

I seem to be running into multiple issues trying to get my 430's off of 450i AP's up to 15.1.3 using CNUT. I've tried going from 15.0.0.1 to 15.1.3 and some SM's will not come back online or will be stuck in contiunuous reboot cycle. Now I'm trying to just get a 430 up to to 15.1.1 and have the same problem.

Josh, Yes you will see this issue even if not using RADIUS. The SM's software is preparing the certificate either way. 430 SMs will need to be rebooted after first upgrade to any release 15.1 through 15.1.3. This issue is fixed in 15.1.4 and 15.1.5. If you want to try a private beta with these, we can get that too you and would appreciate the testing. Otherwise we expect to ship 15.1.5 official in the next month or so.

FYI 15.1.4 is currently planned to be a factory release only for 450b High Gain.

I'm not aware of any continious reboot cycle problem. I'd love more information on that. 

Let me do some more testing on some 430's to see if I can replicate them rebooting.

I would be interested in testing 15.1.4 and 15.1.5, do these versions also fix the cnArcher PMP 450 provisioning bug with cnMaestro?

Hi Aaron, if you can send me the beta firmware for pppoe

Is there a beta available for download for 450 SM's?  Where can I download it?

Yes, Beta 15.2 is currently under test - Please see the following post for details on the Beta program.

Beta Program

We should also have a 15.1.5 beta available shortly, with fixes for issues in this thread... 

While we test, re-test and regression test the heck out of every release 15.2 introduces many new features, so there is always some risk that these new features bring unforseen issues to the party and we wanted to have a very stable release available prior to introduction of these features.

We expect 15.1.5 to be this extremely stable release.

3 Likes

So where do I get the beta to resolve the PPPoE reconnect issue?

@Aaron Schneider wrote:

Hi, we have identified the PPPoE issue and it was introduced in 15.1.3 while fixing a different problem.  We have a fix and it will be in 15.1.4 which I expect will be availble in the next couple of weeks.  If you are interested in a beta test load, let me know.

The issue is when leaving the Service Name or Access Concentrator fields blank.  If you fill those in to match what is on the server, the problem should not arise.  However, we realize that can be a standard config to leave those blank and accept what the server offers.

Thank you for reporting the issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Is this fix in 15.1.5?

Hi hci,

yes this fix is in 15.1.5

best regards,

Andy.

@Cambium_AndyR wrote:

Hi hci,

yes this fix is in 15.1.5

best regards,

Andy.

We appear to be having similiar problems with 15.1.5 on PMP450b SMs.

Hi hci,

Other than a range check on the input box for timeout I can't see any other pppoe bug fixes on 15.2 that would have been after 15.1.5

Can you confirm the exact issue you are seeing and I will get it looked at.

best regards,

Andy.

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to configure PMP450b